What is negative SEO?

I have heard 2 terms Negative SEO and Reverse SEO? But i am confused in between these 2 terms, as the name suggest “Negative SEO”, it is clear that it is not a Good Practice, so why it is referred so many times, is there any influence of it?

[font=calibri]Negative SEO is the practice of trying to get your competitors’ sites penalised by search engines, such as setting up fake link farms around them.

As well as being an appalling practice from a moral/ethical point of view, and one that could come back to bite you in the future, I have not seen any evidence of how effective this is at disrupting your competitors’ position in the search results.[/font]

Using duplicate content negatively affect your results.It is also a part of Negative SEO.

No, it isn’t. It’s bad practice and certainly won’t do you any good, but it’s not “negative SEO”. As Stevie D has already explained, that phrase is used to refer to practices employed in an attempt to reduce the rankings of your competition, rather than to increase your own.

With all the Google penalties, some people thought that they can get their competitors website penalized by sending them crap backlinks using softwares. This is negative SEO. I don’t think there is conclusive evidence that it works. But it is an unethical practice even it works.

Reverse SEO is to look at your competitors backlink structure and try to copy it by getting similar links. It is commonly used by many people. You need to use backlink checkers and see why the other site is ranking where it is ranking.

Negative SEO is not only send many of backlink into the target site in the same times, but stealing content before it can get indexed and fake review about your company/website also according to view SEO practice

negative seo is trying to destroy your competitor search engine rank through manipulating their back links. some people use black hat seo but they don’t want to improve their site ranking and quality because they want to attack on others site to bring it down in ranking. i am sharing to some point which is take care of them like as bad links, spam report, malicious attack.