What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

What ever you do in life make sure that you love it and will never get tired of it. That is the best career to have.

When you are getting angry at others, it usually means you are not happy within yourself.

(This was a handy tip a boss gave me after I got upset in a meeting. It was a real wake up call. Made me address my own issues rather than fussing over the business of others.)

3 Likes

For the past 5-6 years Iā€™ve worked fast food jobs and general jobs where I am easily replaceable. I used to do CSS on the side and loved it.

Best advice I got, which you have probably heard before, is to find a hobby you loev and find a way to get paid for it. Work doing something you love and youā€™ll never ā€œworkā€ a day in your life.

I currently work a job doing front-end Web Development. I honestly can say I enjoy going to work and I have such less stress about it now. I used to stress about going to work at a job I didnā€™t like, but now Iā€™m generally a happier person.

2 Likes

Donā€™t play cards with strangers and do not volunteer for anything!

1 Like

Not really advice, but:

"Sucess consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. " ~ Winston Churchill

1 Like

Smile more. People fall in love with a smile.

2 Likes

If thereā€™s someone around who can help you, ask them. They wonā€™t bite your head off.

1 Like

Successful people are always looking to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, ā€œwhatā€™s in it for me?ā€

4 Likes

You will never know where life will take u ā€¦nor u can control it ,so flow with the wind .

Donā€™t serve your porridge and then go out for a walk.

2 Likes

This is a quote from an interesting person whose podcast/videos I follow. Life advice, as it might be.

ā€œThe trick is to keep your identity separate from your opinions. They are objects in a box that you carry with you, and should be easily replaceable if it turns out theyā€™re no good. If you think that the opinions in the box are who you are, then youā€™ll cling to them, despite any evidence to the contrary. If you want to always be right, you need to be always prepared to change your mind.ā€ - CGP Grey

2 Likes

The Best Advice i got from my friend is to control Anger and remain silent when you are angry with soneone. and Dont tell too much information to even friends.

Thanks for telling us :smile:

One of the best advice Iā€™ve heard is

Itā€™s not how much you make, itā€™s how much you spend

2 Likes

On that note:

There are two simple rules of success in life:

1. Donā€™t tell people everything you know.
1 Like

ā€œNever fall in LOVE with your projectā€

Back in the days, Iā€™ve put too much passion into the project Iā€™ve built and took it TOO personally. I try to do the right thing but sometimes you just have to do what ā€˜customerā€™ says. After all, they are the one paying my bill. It is NOT my project and it is theirs. So, if they want to stick a pen into their eyes then what am I to judge them? Of course, I try to warn them and I make sure to keep an e-mail record of their acknowlegement.

2 Likes

Happen to your life, donā€™t let your life happen to you.

(An analogy onlyā€¦)

Your odds for winning the lottery are substantially increased if you buy a ticket

1 Like

ā€œNever laugh at anyoneā€™s dream. People who donā€™t have dreams donā€™t have much.ā€

1 Like

Donā€™t describe a little in many,but a great deal in a fewā€¦

My 8th grade basketball coach, halfway through sprints: ā€œNothing worthwhile in life is easy. You have to work for it.ā€