What is the best UI wireframe design software

hi guys,

i want to create some UI wireframes for my client, what is software best that can be used to create these wireframes quickly. are there any best open source software for this as well and i wont mind buying good one even if its commercial ? any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,
Kuhajeyan

Try Balsamiq Mockups as well.

Thanks for the link! I’m exploring too

actually, now that we have all the transitions and animations, AJAX loading, lightbox-style dialog boxes and stuff, what is the best practice to communicate the mockup design to the client (or even within the company)?

I feel static photoshop mockups just don’t cut it anymore.

i found following in web 10 Completely Free Wireframe and Mockup Applications

any other suggestions

InDesign is an outstanding piece of software of course! But as you said it is a bit too much to buy it just for wireframing! If you work with Print then sure you can buy ID and use for both Print work and wireframing!

On the other hand, Axure is useful IMHO for both simple / quick prototyping and more advanced prototyping! I think it is worth its money for a pro! (especially for companies).

INDesign is what I use. A bit pricey to be used exclusively for wire-framing though.

Axure is a really good piece of software, but is also a bit pricey.

If you don’t mind me asking, what is your budget?

Axure is an outstanding software to use! Give it a try!

Axure or Visio are my weapons of choice.

Si :slight_smile:

Another vote for Axure, its more expensive , but worth it.

hiya buddy. not sure what you are after but if its 3d/websites. here is some guidance on websites. enjoy http://www.mockflow.com/

Why not go for HTML wireframes? That way you have a few advantages: Your client can see and scrutinize all your effects and enhancements instantly (jQuery and all those other whatsits) and you have already coded the HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

If you want your client to see all these effects immediately, I’d say that’s the most efficient and accurate wireframe you can give him.