What is the fastest way to learn javascript

If you are after a book to use to learn JavaScript then you will want one published since 2011 as that was when the latest version of JavaScript was released and while the older version still works there are advantages to the new version.

You can’t beat learning by practice, but I recommend interactive learning via codeacademy.com and codeavengers.com.

Happy learning!

I begin this: http://www.codecademy.com/learn

I agree with this. That’s how I’ve learned C/C++.

You will learn some basic books in java scripts and then watch the video.You could get some idea.

Thanks :slight_smile: i purchased the JavaScript The Definitive Guide book :slight_smile:

@codeweaver ;
Very nice decision dude.
That book is very thick if you bought the hard copy.
And it’s for very serious JavaScript programmer only.
By the way I hope you bought the latest edition which I believe is the 6th edition.

Its the 6th edition :slight_smile:

No - it is for ALL JavaScript programmers. It covers all of the JavaScript commands and also makes it clear which commands are obsolete and should no longer be used. If more people were to buy the book then perhaps there would be fewer people still creating new JavaScript written as if everyone still used Netscape 4.

I expect there will be a seventh edition out early next year as ECMAScript 6 is expected to become the new standard toward the end of this year.

Actually it was just an encouragement statement. :slight_smile:
This time I’m determined to finish reading the book from front cover to back cover.

[ot]

I’ve read the front and back covers several times, and they are quite good. It’s the bits in the middle I struggle to comprehend. :smiley: [/ot]

1/3 of the book is a reference - you don’t need to read that part, just refer to it when you need to.