What is the future of GO language?

I definately I’m one of those. :smiley:

I still don’t get why people talk about Java like it takes a long time to read or write. Inexperience with the language I guess. It’s not the new trendy language, so you gotta find faults somewhere! Even if they are ungrounded.

You’ve gotta admit that when viewing code doing the same thing in say, Ruby vs Java, the Java version is going to have a lot more line noise and take more code and boilerplate than Ruby to express the same functionality (Java is reducing this with things like lambdas in Java 8, but still). A big part of this is syntactic sugar that Java explicitly lacks (and can be confusing to newbies). Java also has some very good IDEs that will generate a lot of those lines so you’re not worrying about boilerplate and are focused on writing actual app code. Coders used to text editors see lots of lines and think “screw writing all that”, not realizing that most of it was generated with a few right-clicks.

I like to compare programming languages to spoken/written languages. Ruby/JS/etc. are more like English, where you can express a concept in fewer words but there is ambiguity that may be lost if unfamiliar with the language and its constructs. Java is more like German; there is far less ambiguity, but words and phrases are longer to capture that completeness of expression.

Even though I think Java is verbose, it’s still not as bad as Objective C ;). Thank Apple for Swift.

1 Like

When GO grows in popularity and there is an updated [new] version will it be called:
##GO 2

{The joke is better when verbalized}

2 Likes

How about google dart?

What about it?

2 Likes

You, especially, should recognize that with the popularity of electronic cigarettes there will be a line of e-cigs targeting developers who use Google languages.
For example:

Dart Vaper

1 Like