What is the importance of embedding this to my site

Hi, I just want to ask some help to enlighten my mind what is the purpose for embedding the google search box in my website ?..is this will search, if the user will type a certain words then ,the google result will show my webpage that contains that search words?

Thank you in advance.

It allows people to search your site via Google’s database (which is a pretty good way to search). With the simple Google search form, once users have clicked submit, they are taken to Google’s search page (but the results are only for your site).

However, there are ways to set it up so that the user stays on your site and sees the results displayed on a page of your site. (I haven’t tried this myself, though.)

However, there are ways to set it up so that the user stays on your site and sees the results displayed on a page of your site. (I haven’t tried this myself, though.)

That’s right. In particular, you can customise the result page so that it shows your site’s branding, including your logo, colour scheme, etc. - and also navigation to other pages on your site.

If you have a large site, your visitors will want a way to search it. You could add your own search box, with custom code to do the actual searching. Or you could use a third-party service (which might cost money). The advantage of adding a Google search box is that you get the full power of Google’s search algorithms without having to write any code yourself, and for free. (The disadvantage is that the results page will carry ads, which might take visitors away from your site. But if you are an AdSense publisher, you can arrange for AdSense ads to appear there instead.)

Mike