What is used to make this happen?

Afternoon SitePointers,

Just wondering if some helpful soul can tell me what is used to make this happen. I want to create something similar where a user clicks an option, which in turn generates more options so they can work though faults to find a solution.

From looking at it, I guess I need to create a database and pull the info through using PHP once the user has clicked. I’m a little stuck when trying to find where to look on Google as I’m not sure what that particular ‘design’ is called!

I know I could make this work just by creating static HTML pages, but that would end up in me creating literally thousands of pages which isn’t really feasible,

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers :slight_smile:

I think the term you’re looking for is autocomplete. If you search google for autocomplete php or something like that, you should find what you’re looking for.

Cheers @WebEminence.

Can I just make sure its the same thing we’re looking at? :slight_smile:

I mean the section where the end user selects a specific machine and that auto-populates the model of the machine to select.

Is that the autocomplete/php? Looking since, I have found AJAX & PHP can do the same type of thing

Thanks for your help

Yeah, it’s an advanced autocomplete with a database of searches that display a menu of options. I’m not a programmer but I’m sure this can be done in PHP. Jquery also showed up often when I searched.

Thanks buddy,

I’ll report back here with the result in case anyone else is interested,

Cheers