What is video hosting?

Basically I want to create a live strimming system into my site. I have already got a solution but its admin is not mine. I heard about video hosting. Is this will be helpful to me and what is video hosting.

Hi babu21,

Some companies offer Video hosting packages and yes they tune them to higher bandwidth video streams. However many serious streamers use [google]Content Delivery Networks[/google] (CDN) as this allows you to offload the resources from a potential more prohibitive bandwidth hosting package.

Regards,
Steve

Video hosting would be very helpful to you in the sense that it can help you save on bandwidth cost. Video hosting allows you to upload video clips on the internet.

Video hosting is a type of CDN. Good suggestion :slight_smile:

For me, video hosting is not just a normal hosting with CDN. YouTube is one of that you can consider as video hosting. You just post your video, and they provide features for that video. CDN then again is an add-on.

[FONT=Verdana]As the OP hasn’t returned to this thread in over a month, I think we can safely assume they’ve either found a satisfactory answer or lost interest. Thanks to all who took the trouble to reply.

Thread closed.[/FONT]