What methods have worked best for you in increasing your overall Facebook presence?

Competitions are best as people love something for nothing, however i think there are some serious rules on facebook about running competitions so I highly recommend checking rules first before diving in.

You can create Facebook Friend Lists and browse updates from contacts you target in your industry / sector.

Create Facebook ad and get more fans in your Facebook profile after that create polls, share news, share images and videos related to your products and service then you will get more visitors from your Facebook. I am maintaining my client facebook profile he having 1700 likes and he get monthly 600 visits …-

-slucker

i use invite friends app tab which is free with ads and you can buy and customize it also. it gave me a good increase.

Give what people want and are interested in, some good ground rules here:

1. Have your Facebook Business as a Facebook Fan Page (people can only have 5,000 friends, whereas pages you’re unlimited), another benefit is that you can advertise your page.
  2. Post Daily. I like to recommend linking your Twitter and Facebook, so tweets are automatically synchronized.
  3. I ask them to post 3/5 topics per day they find useful. Excellent way to find topics is to go on Google News and search for your field of interest.
  4. Follow for the sake of following. Normally discouraged, but it’s known to get your followers up. Later use twitter justunfollow.com to remove people who aren’t active or who’ve not following you.
  5. Create compelling content on your blog, then tweet about it. There are automated plug-ins in WordPress which can do this automation for you, so you’re even able to sit back and relax on that one. :smiley: For topics on writing you have Google Keyword tool, and Twitter trends. I am sure there are other tools out there, but those are the main free ones. A great premium one Market Samurai.
  6. In addition to this, ask open-ended questions, simply ask “So who wants to code?” By doing so you increase your influences.
  7. Post Videos! I hate to say this, but not enough people are doing this. Video’s on FB work really well. You can harness the power of YT and FB, but tweeting your youtube videos. From this tweet you will automatically be synchronized to Facebook. You’d be hitting YouTube -> Twitter -> Facebook all at the same time.
  8. Give our coupons, special offers, free guides, something that people would want. You can easily find what people want from taking a look at your competition, or by simply seeing what people search for. In today’s age guides and tutorials seam to work really well. So you can give a free guide every week to a top commenter.
  9. Coupons work very well. But not that well through FB it’s self. You can use coupon websites to publish this, then tweet it, then synchronize your Facebook. KaBOOM! You’ve hit 3 social media websites in one!
  10. Advertise your Facebook page, and keep a close eye on your campaign. Facebook often reduces your exposure based on your budget. Don’t be too tight, as especially if you want to increase your Facebook followers quickly. Once posting you will get many that will unlike you, but guess that’s the name of the game.

We have to stop thinking of Facebook as a single entity. I remember once when Mark Z. mentioned his goal is not to replace the web, but to build onto it with existing social media websites. Facebook works with Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest, so let’s use it in combination and get the benefit of all social media channels without the leg work.

This thread was started last February and has been dormant since May until yesterday. I caution members to please not dig up dead threads.

Thread closed.