What % of business fail in internet marketing

Anyone know of any statistics as of how many business fail in internet marketing?

That’s entirely subjective and nearly impossible to determine.

Yes, probably no business shares the history of their failures and its next to impossible to figure out the percentage of failure. Although there are business who do not the follow the internet strategies may fails in internet marketing. Improper strategy leads towards a failure.

Also, what do you mean by “fail”? You might find statistics for the number of companies that go bust. But it’s likely that most of the “failures” are companies or individuals that simply give up after failing to make a worthwhile profit. There’s no way those companies will be recorded in any official statistics.

Mike

According to business insider it’s incredibly high

I hesitate to cast doubt on Business Insider, but the article you quoted offers nothing reliable.

It quoted a small business owner as saying: " … generally 50 to 70 percent fail within the first 18 months". But it gives absolutely no indication of where that figure comes from or how reliable it is. It sounds like too vague a statement to be trustworthy.

It also says, " More than 200,000 small businesses closed between 2008 and 2010 … according to U.S. Census figures." But that’s no indication of how many businesses failed. It only says how many closed (which might be because the owner retired, or the company was taken over by a larger firm, or a dozen other reasons). And in any case, it can only apply to businesses in the US, which might not be typical of the sector as a whole. Also, the original question was about the number of businesses that fail in internet marketing, which again might not be representative of the entire small business sector.

In summary, don’t put any reliance on vague statements published in articles without any corroboration, details or sources.

Mike

I don’t know the exact figure but I’m willing to bet that more give up then succeed. (I didn’t use the term fail as anyone who has been in this industry knows that failures are inevitable, it’s all about keeping to go on and find success)

This question is far too ambiguous to be useful, and the OP has not offered any clarifying details.

Therefore, this thread is now closed.