What Pagerank to be considered for Link building

Hi All,
I am newbie to this forum, And I have doubt in Link building. While considering a pagerank for a particular website, do we have to consider main domain page rank or particular page(where we are going to post our link) page rank?
Please help me out in this regard.Thank you in advance.

For link building process home page or main domain name page rank is considered.

PageRank is calculated per page, not per site. The only PR which will affect your link is the PR of the page on which you place it - not the home page.

(If I were you, I’d stop worrying about PageRank and link building, and concentrate on creating excellent content which other sites will choose to link to. These links are worth more than any you can place yourself.)

You can consider page rank, but there are many other criteria, that you should check before get a link from the domain.

Along with Page Rank, check Also:

1. Page Authority
  2. Domain Authority
  3. The relevancy of the page.
  4. The relevancy of the domain.
  5. Check Whether the domain is Spam Free or Spammed.

Note: You get the benefit from the link, if all these things are going to satisfied, not only the page rank, as it differs from Page to Page even when they are of the same domain.

Even “Google.com” and “Google.co.in” have different page ranks, but they do have there relevancy.

For better benefit you should check PR of the page from you will get backlink, but it is not always possible to have good PR from where you get backlink but in that case at least domain should have good PR.

And if the page’s PR doesn’t meet your requirements you ask them to remove it?

Or you could simply catch up with what Google has been saying for years, and understand that PageRank no longer matters:

I think Homepage Link building is more important than others website pages because if homepage PR is good then it is to attract the visitors.

The home page is usuallyone of the least specific when it comes to what topic the page covers - that makes it one of the worst pages to get a link from when you are trying to get targetted links.

Thread closed, as the question has been answered and the OP has never returned.