What platform is your webhost? Windows, Linux, other?

Just wondering what platform your webhost uses to host your site (not which web server but rather what operating system)?

If it’s Other please indicate which OS your website is hosted on in your response.

Thanks.

Carlos

Linux for my VPS - It is just preference and what I use it for. I like PHP and mySQL databases for what I do and it is cheaper as well.

Windows Server, since it will support variety of applications including .net, asp and etc.

I use both Windows and Linux servers. But more Linux servers than anything else so… I’ve voted for that.

I use Windows only if I need to run ASP, .NET websites. Mostly, Linux is working well for me.

Linux all the way… it’s not really worth paying a premium for windows servers unless your clients absolutely need it.

Got to be Linux, if I needed a GUI running on my server all the time waisting resources… I’d consider the other options :wink:

I don’t feel like rebooting the server every day, so I’m using linux.

(yes, I know I’m exaggerating here :))

I am using CentOS Linux VPS. It works great for my needs (PHP, mySQL, etc) and is a lot cheaper than many other OS’s. In terms of reliability, I think Linux is the best because of how robust and open source it is.

I would move with Windows Hosting platform. We can gain the access compatibility and would be much easier to use. It would be a preferable choice for the websites with .Net or Vb frame work rather than Linux hosting.

Depends who you ask :wink:

Most webhosting is Linux, just by pure numbers. Why? It’s more secure by default, it runs faster, it’s more stable, and the licence costs are almost zero compared to Windows. Kind of a no-brainer for a host like ourselves :slight_smile:

hi,
i always use linux as my host os for my hosting because it’s cheap & the most important part is that it doesn’t have all those virus related issues which you have to think about if you are dealing with Windows based servers. the firewall that comes with linux is inbuilt (iptables) which is really an effective one.
i will always vote for linux. :slight_smile:

I consider Linux is the best. For my website i`m using Linux

of course linux or unix based like freebsd, solaris, etc.
windows is also good according to my grandpa :smiley:

Hi, my site hosting platform is linux

Why you are askin that?

I use both, but lately I have a lot of .NET projects so my Windows Server 2008 is running hot

I use both windows and linux , but linux looks more easier for me.