What should I have on my homepage?

Thanks for your input, I’ve chosen to display the 5 post recent blog posts (very short excerpts from them) :slight_smile:

For your domain name, you want something that is easy to remember.

For personal blogs, I would just go with ryanreese.com if you can. If you can’t, I think shortening to ryreese.com would probably be the next best. It’s easier to remember a name than a name and an initial.

I chose ryanreese.us

The guy who has had ryanreese.com has had that forever. When this domain expires ill be taking ryreese.com.

Why not get it now so you know it will be available when you want it? A lot of websites have several domains and redirect one to the other.

A big issue I have seen with websites is that I don’t know what the website is about when I get there. There is a lot of nice information, but sometimes there is no specific details as to what the main goal of the website is. I know this is something simple to most people, but obviously very important. I like your navigation ideas; having a left nav bar leaves you room to expand later on. Maybe create some sort of call to action for people to click on that is obvious and also makes people want to look at it. Just a thought.

I make 11 grand a year. I pay for my car, insurance, gas, phone, and I buy my own food (chicken, granola, cheese, etc) because my parents don’t buy healthy.

I’m just fine with my current domain. I’ll wait.

you seriously suggest that all that stuff be crammed onto the home page???

or did you misunderstand the topic of the thread?

I seriously believe that if Ryan hasn’t completed his new home page since last March, he’s given up on the idea.

Thread closed.