What subject would you like to see a SitePoint book about?

The most important book, SitePoint is missing:-

1. Dedicate/VPS Server Management - several developers use VPS/dedicated servers, but need to to learn how to use them perfectly.

Another is-

1. JAVA/JSP - SitePoint has books on PHP, ASP.net, RoR, but not on JSP.

You may also consider-

1. Flex

What about Joomla, Drupal,Magento, WP,iPhone ???

SEO - new techniques, building backup seo sites, choosing keywords, google vs. bing etc.

How about “Essential Technique in using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript”? I’m not talking about “learning” HTML, CSS, or JavaScript. I’m talking about “Do’s and Dont’s” that provides good examples. I can certainly gurrantee being #1 hit. Please make sure you give 1% loyalty fee to my account. Thank you.

I’ll chime in. I would love to see a book on full SDLC development done via best practices. Something that would do for developers what Principles of Beautiful Web Design did for designers.

And given that so many best practices love has been thrown the way of PHP and Javascript already, I would love to see it in the context of OOP maybe shaded towards us Java / C# developers.

Flash. I like the way Sitepoint books are laid out and organized, and I would LOVE to have a comprehensive book on working with Flash - not just AS or f-b-f animation, but Flash interacting and working within a website as a whole.

Wordpress

• Write your own plugin
  • Create your own theme

Content

• Keyword research and analysis
  • writing content for search engines based on those keywords

I think it would be cool if the book went step by step through a couple successful sites how they did their keyword research and then how they went about writing content.

I really like this idea also.

Other subjects I’d like to see also are HTML5 and CSS3, and one on SEO and optimizing websites.

Do you want me to write it for you? :stuck_out_tongue:

ActionScript 3 for Flash or just a good Flash book

This is what I would like to see.

How about build a site using WordPress?

I would love a book about mobile web design and development.
Also an SEO book that teaches you how to do it the right way (no spam tactics!)
And lastly a book about using HTML5 and Javascript together in web design.

I’d actually love a book on visual design and user experience.

• presenting data in meaningful ways
  • engaging users
  • keeping things clean and simple
  • Iterative design
  • mocks, prototypes
  • longitudinal study
  • The discoverability / efficiency trade-off

I like that idea. :smiley:

What about a book on how Microsoft jumped in too quick with CSS 2 and all the problems that resulted so that those advocating an even earlier jump into HTML 5 don’t repeat the same mistake only worse.

That’s a great idea.

A book explaining the proccesses and steps to make a web project successful - methodologies used, tech choices, team formation and key responsibilities etc…
Perhaps a write up by the 99 Designs team?

How about a book that outlines real-world web projects completed by Sitepoint staff. Explaining how each writer tackles their project. Where do they start? What are the steps they follow? What are their thought processes? You know, providing as much detail as possible.

I think a book like this would be worth it’s weight in gold.

Cheers

I’d love to see a book on development techniques and frameworks, including MVC and OOP, but not being biased/focused on any one particular framework. It could be demonstrated via the development of a very, very simple cms (framework) at the start with both the framework and cms being expanded.

Possibly the CMS from Kevin’s Build Your Own Database Driven Website could be used as a starting point with the new book being a “follow up” to Kevin’s book.

How about a good, feature full book on extending WordPress for use as a CMS & eCommerce site for a number of different industries: Travel, eTail, education, publishing (pay-wall). Also, throw in marketing features: newsletters, ad serving, social media.

• site speed optimization
  • information architecture
  • building a site using WordPress

a few from the top of my head…