What the hell is wrong with PayPal?

So you know how you get people to pay with PayPal? Now, from what I understand, whenever someone is paying with PayPal there is an option to pay by credit card without creating a PayPal account.

So why does this come up when I try to get someone to pay from my ecommerce site?

Where’s the option to pay by cc if you don’t have a PayPal account? I’ve tried contacting PayPal but reaching them is harder than Mount Everest.

Kosta

What country are you in? The option to pay by credit card without creating a Paypal account is only available in some of the countries where you can have a Paypal account.

Yes, but it’s not a country issue because other links work with paying by country. For example I can use this link:

And it works.

But I’m in Australia.

What do you see on the actual Cart page (before you get to the page in your screen shot)?

On the cart page, you should see two buttons:

If you click the first button, you get the option to pay via CC or via PP, but if you click the second button, you only get the option to pay via PP.

I think this may be a recent cahnge, because I don’t remember it being like this in the past. The screen shot above is from a PP cart I have.

Sorry, thought I replied earlier. I let my developer setup everything so i tell him what to put on each page, but just for the record you can check this folder of images:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uivn9j1jvhfl1gr/2rSToIkkZ4?m

Thanks

By the way I’ve tried another ecommerce website running Magento http://mydeco.com/ and the PayPal checkout worked fine (it allowed me to select to pay by credit card without a PayPal account).

Ah, OK, you aren’t using the PayPal cart. You probably need to speak to your developer about what payment settings are being used. There are probably options to allow or disallow CC-only payments. On the mydeco sote, the option to pay by CC comes before you actually go to PP.

Hi Ralph,

Ok I will forward that info through to him.

Thanks

Sounds like a country restriction buddy! May need to check your payment processing settings.

why dont you try the stripe.

It’s a totally different kind of service that’s not available in the OP’s country. :slight_smile:

same issue on my website taking down paypal for the meantime <snip>
need help

Have you tried going to the Payment page with your browser in incognito mode?

If you have previously been logged in to PayPal before then it assumes you want to pay with PayPal and hides the option to pay with card.