What would you call your autobiography - and why?

I can’t imagine I’d ever want to write my autobiography - or that anybody else would want to read it - but if I did, I would call it “The Most Dangerous Woman I Know”, which is how somebody once described me.

(His reasoning was that I appear to be so quiet and insignificant, by the time anybody has worked out that I’m not, it’s much too late. Of course, I can’t imagine what he meant…)

So what would other folk call their autobiographies, and why?

My life so far has been boring, so a good tile probably be “Boring”. :smile:

Netflix + Code = Life

:laughing:

My many lives

Over the years context has changed so often about the only thing consistent has been that I was always breathing. And sometimes during my “smoker” years barely that.

1 Like

My dad made the most amazing speech at my 40th birthday party this year. It was the shortest speech ever but it really touched me. He said “40 years ago Sarah came out and said “Hey everyone, let’s have fun” and for 40 years that’s what she’s done.” I don’t remember it rhyming, so I’ve done something wrong there, but you get the idea.

So I think I’d call my autobiography “Is Everyone Having Fun?”

3 Likes

ild probs call myn the " life of a gamer"
Due to always gaming pretty much.

Mine would be something like “Are We There Yet?” As a kid, I always pictured life starting some time in the future, when I “got there”. Now I realise I must have gotten there at some point but passed it without realising … :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyhow, I’d rather have my autobiography written by someone else.

3 Likes

Maybe I would call it “Squinting Beyond the Puddle”.

Coming from the quote of Douglas Adams

Imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, “This is an interesting world I find myself in
— an interesting hole I find myself in — fits me rather neatly, doesn’t
it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, may have been made to have me
in it!”

So “Squinting Beyond the Puddle” encapsulates the feeling of going from when you are a small child and assuming everything is dead simple, obvious, knowable and with loads of time, to everything actually being complex, unpredictable, chaotic, without higher meaning or purpose and life being gone in a snap.

Some people find that too depressing to accept, but I find comfort in it. Being so insignificant in the universe that all your problems, and mistakes are also laughably insignificant. It puts you in a position of enjoying your illusion of reality.

2 Likes

“Say Everything”

I’ve always had a bit of an issue with tact, usually I just don’t GET it, so I say things that I should have just thought, not said. And half the time I don’t know WHY I shouldn’t have said it. Even when I was a kid, and I’d get in trouble. Funny, I was just discussing this with a friend this morning. We laugh about it because she is used to me. But that would probably be the title of the book.

5 Likes

I think that I would call my “Eternal” or “Neverending”

Basically because I’m eternally starting things that I never finish!

@tornadoali Don’t worry, I have the same issue… and I say whatever goes through my mind. Not very smart, sometimes but… well, that’s who I am

2 Likes

I reckon you should call yours “Did I just say that out loud?”

2 Likes

“How do you know my name?”

Because people say “hello” to me all the time as if they know me, but I don’t remember their name. :blush:

3 Likes

Oh, I can sympathise with that. I have a pretty good memory for names - but a lousy memory for faces. So folk greet me by name and chat away and I have no recollection of ever having seen them before. I have to hope they’ll say something which will give me a clue. Running Bear, on the other hand, has a brilliant memory for faces, and a dreadful memory for names, so he’ll recognise someone and know exactly when and where he met them, but have no idea what they’re called. Between us, we usually do OK; if he can drop me a hint, I can generally dredge up the name.

Sounds like the perfect partnership!

2 Likes

Heard this on the radio from some hosts - the husband and wife have a deal. If the husband gets talked to (and he has no idea who the person is) they have an agreement.

Random person will be like…“hey #{buddy} hows it going!”

The husband will be like “hey! i’d like you to meet my wife”.

At which point the wife will be like “hello, I’m #{wifename}. And you are…?”

Now the husband knows who he is talking to. It’s a pretty good thing.

1 Like

Ah - but that only works if wife really hasn’t met them before.

If I think I’m meeting somebody for the first time and someone else says “Oh, do you two know each other?”, I always try to wait for the other person to reply first. If I say “no”, and we have met, it gives the impression that I found the other person eminently forgettable, whereas the truth is just that I’m useless with faces.

Not quite as useless as Running Bear with names, though. He went to introduce me once and forgot my name - and we’d been married at least five years at the time. (Even worse, he could remember the name of the woman he was introducing me to. )

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.