What's the greatest invention of all time?

reads Wikipedia…

Ahahahahah… looks like he did.

I read that Edison’s henchmen drive the monster out of the castle with pitchforks and torches… you do realise in real life it was the townsfolk of Telluride right? Nobody wants a mad scientist in the mountains behind them… you know, NIMBY.

Did so…I saw The Prestige…I know.

I don’t think Tesla had a black eye and a blue eye though.

And Tesla looked EXACTLY like David Bowie!

The hammock.

Cabin, woods, fire and a hammock. Boom - done.

The worst invention? The knot I used last time :nono:

(some) women, best invention ever. :slight_smile:

Paul Erdős would disagree. He was always finding math.

But I’ll say anything invented by Tesla. Tesla’s awesomeness was passed on to his inventions.

That was him.

Radio (pshhhh, Marconi wished), remote control, ROBOTS, induction motors, logic gates, fluorescent lights, resonant frequency devices and tesla coils, AC generation, ROBOTS, and those neato centrifugal pumps he could never get parts machined nicely enough to actually build and deal with the heat, airplanes that can take off vertically, ROBOTS, and other awesome things, like robots. Oh and an earthquake machine, but I guess that goes with resonant frequencie devices…
Where would Philo Farnsworth and that Russian guy be without Tesla? So therefore, where would trash tv be without Tesla?

I have it on good authority that his ghost came to Al Gore in a dream and said “invent the Internet!” I would so not be surprised. : )

The Computer

The slinky, and Playdo

agriculture, cattle breeding, fire (the way to make it when needed)

And before those, probably there were other discoveries/inventions as well, without we would still be cave men :wink:

Seeing where we (as a race) were before AC generator and after AC generator - there’s no doubt that the energy generator we use now is our greatest invention so far.
Everything else just ties in to it, even the internet.

:lol:

I know I could google for it, but since you brought it up… what’s a bedazzler?
And how do you pronounce it? Be-dazzler? Or bed-azzler? :shifty:

since my job is web-based, i agree with this! :lol:

It is, of course, the Ronco Buttoneer.:slight_smile:

I invented a time machine in 2016; that was pretty much the greatest invention of all time, but I forgot to make a way to go back to the future. Sorry I can’t prove it to yall :frowning:

Language, hands down.
A good argument could be made for Gutenberg’s movable type, since it was the foundation of the Renaissance and Reformation, which launched the technological era, which has bloomed exponentially ever since. For 10,000 years before that, there was virtually no technology. History’s most abrupt change was the Renaissance. The three hundred years following utterly transformed the world. The hundred years that followed that we even faster (from the combustion engine to rockets to the moon). And the last twenty years have doubled technology again. The next five years will do it again. It all started with movable type: books became abundant and cheap and anyone could learn to read.

Interesting point Scallio.
I agree, I think these are the most isolated times the world has ever seen. We have progressed technologically at an unseen rate, and every manner of growth requires a sort of death first; perhaps it’s just the pain of metamorphoses.

Or the Amish are indeed the chosen few.

I don’t really know.

Or the worst? I mean, electricity and everything that is powered by it is nice and all, but every now and again I wonder if it’s really all that.
In my opinion the introduction of electricity also brought with a lot of loneliness to society that wouldn’t have been there had it never been introduced.
I’m not saying I’d want to live without electricity - I don’t. But, there are two sides to the medal here.

The Bedazzler

Rubiks CUbes