What's wrong?

Hi All,

I am hoping that some of you maybe able to help me.

My website that I manage which sells smartphones & accessories last week was exceptionally busy in terms of traffic and in turn was a little busy in terms of orders. The website has only been online since the 31st January 2013 and this week I’ve never known it so quiet and the bounce rate so high. My bounce rate for today was over 90% - the highest I’ve ever known it and the average time on the website was 3 seconds.

Can anyone advise me on how to best go about improving the bounce rate and average site duration??

Any help would be great.

[font=verdana]If the bounce rate is high, that usually means that (i) the website is unappealing or it isn’t obvious where to go or what to do, or (ii) the website is punching above its weight in the search engines and getting traffic that doesn’t belong there at all.

New sites sometimes do get a ‘honeymoon period’ where Google puts them high up the rankings because they are new and fresh and exciting, but they then fall back down to their “real” level in time. That may be what has happened here, if you haven’t made any other changes, but wouldn’t explain why the bounce rate has increased so much all of a sudden.

If you want a more detailed answer as to where your site might be going wrong, you’re welcome to post a review request (please note that before you are eligible to ask for a review there you need have reviewed at least 3 other websites with a substantial (i.e. more than just “nice”, “I like it”, etc) reviews.), where people will be able to look at the site and give you feedback on whether they would bounce and why.[/font]

You yourself can decrease the bounce rate, when you are free just visit your own site and wait for 5 to 10 mints with see the other pages in your site in 5 to 10 times in one day, please don’t laugh its really works. Just do this and watch the difference.