What's your favorite snack?

no we’re not, we’re still talking about food - but what was your idea about having christmas dinner on a beach and I mentioned the sand - what type of beach were you picturing as your ideal setting?

Don’t waste food like that…such childish behaviour :stuck_out_tongue:

^ the horror! :sick:

I have no beaches, but a man can dream.

Anyway, we’re derailing the thread. Food fight!!

:nono: Can’t imagine that at all - boiling hot sunshine and a hot christmas dinner? jeeze sand everywhere!! :nono:

fish & bacon - good lord, I’ve heard it all now! :sick: I dont think I would be a fan of that Lutefisk dish :nono:

Tuna a no no? What makes you think that? I eat it nearly everyday, if not that then chicken :smiley:

Good to hear you keep the Xmas Dinner in the house! :tup:

@Pumpkin pie - do you slice that up or put it all in as it is to bake :shifty: I can picture an explosion happening in my kitchen :rofl:

:tup: at the first two - I can’t imagine eating fish for Christmas dinner :x yuck! I save turkey, ham and brown sauce til Christmas :smiley: well - actually everything is saved really as I only eat rice, tuna or chicken - so roll on the Christmas feast :lol:

Eating outside at Christmas?? I thought Australia only did that - Christmas dinner on the beach - that’s a nightmare to me - I have to eat at the family table, snow/cold weather outside and a warm cozy fire - :nono: at outside!!

Let me know how the pumpkin pie goes :lol:

[FONT=“Georgia”]Kiss Brownies.

These;[/FONT]

[FONT=“Georgia”]I usually buy a pair on my way home from town.

[/FONT]

I like Chips Ahoy !

there goes your diet… :stuck_out_tongue:

…as a substitute you can try Lutefisk, bacon, potatoes, carrots, onions and white sauce :lol:

chips and coke.

It’s enough for all of us…To share or not to share…:stuck_out_tongue:

Pumpkin pie is really good made with brown sugar and heavy cream. Yum :smiley:

I just prepped some lamb rib steaks with spices for the charcoal grilling. I let it sit for 2 hours rubbed with these: Turkish Oregano, Rosemary, Cumin, Celery, Sweet Paprika, Tellicherry Sweet Pepper, Onion, Garlic, Spearmint, Ginger.

With it I will have Artichokes with butter steamed into the heart, orzo with portobello mushrooms.

well, we got em everywere and i can snailmail you some :stuck_out_tongue:

sure, for Christmas we have “Christmas ribs", “[URL=“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinnekj%C3%B8tt”]Pinnekjøtt”, "[URL=“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk”]Lutefisk” and Christmas turkey :slight_smile: we eat it outside christmas too, but only 4-5 times a year.

Yeah, i use to buy vanilla sauce and drink it like water :smiley:

and i still don’t get this pumpkin pie. maybe i need to try it :shifty:

peanut butter toast - now I’ve never had that - I used to love cheese and tomato toasties with mustard :agree:

@pumpkin pie…hmm it would seem odd eating it really as we have only ever used it as a halloween prop/decoration - I would try it though just to see though what it was like :slight_smile:

I LOVE CHOCOLATES

It’s caramel chocolate. Not chocolate with caramel, but the chocolate itself is caramel, so the same consistency like any chocolate bar. Imagine white chocolate, except that caramel chocolate is beige, not white.

sounds wonderfull. we eat a lot of lamb here too, mostly lamb leg - and i prefere to grill or bake it in the oven. in the oven i bake it from 7 hours to 11 hours, starting at 70º C and then go up to 125ºC and sometimes take 15 minutes at 150ºC at the end.

I use to bake potatoes in there with it, and carrots, onions, mushrooms, paprika and garlic. i use to stuff the leg full of garlic too.

sometimes i use to marinade it, other times i rub it with honey, but mostly i rub it with pepper, salt etc…

yummy :smiley:

me neither, but it’s not a regular fish as it’s used lye on it. you eat it with bacon etc… i have only tasted it a few times. but it’s not that bad… :shifty:

when my father was sailing around the world in the 60’s (as a chef) he made this Lutefisk, and some of the crew thought he was trying to poison them, when they saw he used lye on it :lol:

I thought tuna was a no no :shifty:

not outside the house :rofl: i ment that we eat it the rest of the year too, not just for christmas… but only 4-5 times :lol:

well, as we can only buy pumpkins for halloween, it’s not that easy to bake one of these. and i’m not so sure about this pumpkin pie… maybe i try to buy one, but i have never seen one for sale - so that could be a problem too :smiley:

well, that’s your problem :lol:

Here we call just the cooked bread toast. I just put peanut butter onto it, and, voila, peanut butter toast. No toasting of peanut butter occurs; although, that sounds really good actually. Peanut butter is just so oily, I’m sure it’d sweat in no time and make the bread weird.

SOTD will send you a pie. Right Shaun?
Long live the pumpkin pies!

Me too. Here is a picture. Imagine white chocolate that has a strong caramel taste to it. See => http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_h0OCXEbQMTE/R-oqepgpLfI/AAAAAAAAAFY/6Y-ffs2d9d4/s400/Caramac.jpg

You should try it. It’s very tasty. :slight_smile:

does it taste like white chocolate? i love white chocolate :slight_smile:

well, i burn a lot of calories (walk to and from fridge, turn from side to side in the sofa etc…) so it’s no problem, i also have dessert after dinner :smiley:

today as the weather is getting better we will bbq, and have homemade applecake, real ice cream with real vanilla - no phony stuff here :slight_smile:

the menu is this:

Dinner:
fresh bread, homemade salad,dressing, potato salad, baked potato, baby back ribs, smoked pork ribs and marinated ham.

dessert:
homemade apple cake, with ice cream and vanilla sauce and ice cream with real vanilla.

yes i did say a box of honey. i only get canned honey here. there are exactly 1 pound in each box, and i have eaten several boxes now :smiley:

what is this Tapioca pudding?

a pumpkin doesn’t look that delicious… nor does it smell like a rose. but no wine should be untasted… :wink:

what is it with peanut butter? i don’t think it’s good, it’s more like something i would mix with cement to build me a bomb-shelter with or something… :shifty: :stuck_out_tongue:

cheese and salami or cheese and Pâté toasties are not bad :slight_smile:

is this some kind of potato chips?

My favorite snack are cereal, ice cream, cookies&milk, pb&j, chips…

how does these pumpkin pies taste? the only pumpkins i have ever seen is the ones we use to buy for halloween, and i’m not so sure i want to eat one of these… :shifty:

when i reached for the 6 & 7 pork chops yesterday, i was thinking about you - and took a few extra :stuck_out_tongue:

there is no time to eat, but you get used to it. you get a slice of bread and a cup of coffee - you can’t survive in this work if you don’t drink coffee :lol:

but of course when there is time to eat, we eat like pigs hahaha :rofl:

is it soft, or is it like eating a rock ? i sometimes use to make homemade caramel, thick and soft so it melts in your mouth. i don’t like caramel if it’s hard like a rock.

for a little snack i will make pancakes with honey, sirup, cream and strawberries this afternoon :smiley: