Where can i download custom fonts for Adobe and use it in CSS

Just as the title says where can i download fonts like Sans-serif, georgia, helvetica and etc to use for my prototyping and web design

Well if it’s for viewing non web safe fonts in the browser you can use Adobe TypeKit: https://www.typekit.com/

Don’t most computers have them installed in their system by default anyway? There are many free fonts available at FontSquirrel that are ready for use on the web via @font-face.

Georgia, yes. Helvetica, no - that’s a mac font which isn’t installed on Windows by default.

Thanks for links guys, i appreciate the resources for the fonts.

Be darned. So are all those people who complain about Helvetic Mac users? :lol:

I’m sure there are plenty of free look-alikes that are free and ready for web usage.

you can find your choice at fontyukle and 1001freefonts.
Hope these two site will work for you …

As long as it’s FREE :3

Dafont.com has an amazing free font collection. There you can find any font you will ever need for your designs.

When using custom fonts. Do i need to install it or just use @font-face in order to apply the custom fonts. For example Quicksand.otf

You need to put the fonts in a folder somewhere on your server and reference them via CSS. @font-face is useful for when you are using a font that most users are not likely to have on their system. If you don’t actually provide the font file, @font-face will be useless, as the font it references won’t be available.

Thanks for the fast response :slight_smile:

Is there a way to convert otf fonts to ttf? I have found out that google chrome does not support extensions .otf

I can’t seem to apply to font i like to google chrome. Here is the code

@font-face {
font-family: Quicksand_Light;
src: url(font/‘Quicksand_Light.otf’);
font-family: Quicksand_Book;
src: url(font/‘Quicksand_Book.ttf’);
}

It is working fine on mozilla but not on google chrome

The best thing to do is go here:

and click the blue “Download @font-face Kit” button. That will give you all the files and CSS you need. You need various versions of the font for it to work in each browser, and they all come in that font kit, along with the CSS you need. It couldn’t be easier. :slight_smile:

I tried that method but the font won’t apply in google chrome hmmm

In the download folder, open their demo.html page. It works fine for me in Chrome.

In the download folder, open their demo.html page. It works fine for me in Chrome.

Then their is something wrong with my coding. I have placed the fonts in the “font” folder hmmm

I can’t seem to find the error in my website. I have placed the fonts in the root and i still can get it to work. Not sure what i’m missing T_T