Where can I sell a custom designed logo?

So I had a custom logo designed for a project that ultimately lost funding and trying to find a place I could unload it (full psd, etc) to make back some of the costs.

Any suggestions? thanks!

99designs?

99desgins only allows bidding on jobs, not selling a finished design. Seems to be harder than expected.

I feel your pain. But a custom design job is hard to unload on someone else, as it is not a “custom” design to the new client. People forget that “custom” doesnt mean “unique” it means “tailored”, as such it is really difficult to push unsold design you did for someone else as “custom”.

[ I do have a question… how did you incur costs designing a logo?]

I will share 2 pieces of advice:

1. Charge Custom jobs by steps. Let the client keep whatever you do even if he bails, but at least you didn’t end up working for nothing ( I hate when it happens).

2. In lieu of that, keep discarded/abandoned design as portfolio pieces and and an inspiration junkyards. Explicit in my contracts is that the client gets only the design they pay for… so what happens to all the brilliant concept the never make it past the draft stage or from clients that defaulted? They go in my organizer by concept…if BY LUCK i find a competitor of the client hat just loves the rejected /abandoned piece great… if not I can dissect it for quick inspiration for a paying client with different needs. Taking a cue from nature, I waste nothing.

I wasn’t clear, my bad - I am the customer who ordered the design. The project fell through after the logo was finished.

I think it will be very hard to sell a logo that has already been designed. Logo represents a company and their vision so you will have to find someone or some business that shares the same vision as your idea.

yes thats true because it was made for your company/group it has your colors and whatever should you find another company similar to yours that is just starting and does not have a logo yet they might be interested but that chance is slim

think about it this way if youre a new company would you rather have something built specifically for you or get something that was done for others and has the same vision as you, the same goes if youre changing a company logo/ identity