Where can we watch olympics online easily?

suggest sites??

[FONT=verdana]Depends what country you’re in. In the UK, the BBC iPlayer is showing most events on line. There will similar services in many other countries, but they will all be limited to viewers in that country. Tell us where you are, and we might be able to help.

Mike

[/FONT]

on the eurosport website you can easily do this.

You can watch the free live streams from BBC website here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/. This works very well if you’re in UK. If you’re outside UK, you have to get a UK IP.
The easiest and cheapest way to get a UK IP address is by purchasing a low-cost VPN account(about $5 for a month, signup and then cancel after the Olympics). VPN can provide a ‘local’ IP address to bypass regional restrictions, allowing access to blocked online content, like the Olympics.
Don’t download those “free online tv” software or install anything. They could contain malware. All you need is a UK IP. Source:http://invisibler.com/how-to-watch-the-2012-olympics-online/

[FONT=verdana]Now I come to think of it, some BBC iPlayer content is now available outside the UK, on a subscription basis (paid-for). I don’t know if it applies to the Olympics, but it might be worth checking their site to find out.

A big advantage of the BBC is that it’s advert-free.

Mike
[/FONT]

I found this on their website, so it looks like the answer is no:

[FONT=verdana]

The BBC only has the rights to broadcast video or audio of Olympic sport, interviews and features from Olympic venues, to users in the UK.

Yes, that makes sense, given that broadcasters in different countries throughout the world have paid huge sums of money for the exclusive right to broadcast the games in their own territories.

Mike[/FONT]

That’s not very cool. Olympics for all.

I’m sure most countries are screening the Olympics, whether on regular TV and/or online – they aren’t only being shown in the UK! But the BBC is funded by UK TV-watchers (through the licence fee), so to expect them to broadcast it round the world, completely free to everyone outside the UK, and in doing so undermining each country’s own TV network, doesn’t strike me as reasonable.

I don’t agree that putting a global event like the Olympics online is a bad move, I think it’s only a matter of time.
Australian TV Networks are starting to put their content up online but the Olympics aren’t part of it, I’m sure it’s because of the bureaucracy of licensing it.

But, I suppose I am one of the few that doesn’t get free-to-air TV, the house-mate has a moral opposition to it :shifty:

Thank you! Guys For your suggestions really appreciated…

Olympic song

bbc iplayer.

We can watch Olympic coverage on the [noparse]ctvolympics.ca[/noparse] I don’t know if they will filter other I.P.s or if you can view it using this. I suspect that licensing will not allow foreign IP to watch. The other issues are that they predominately focus on Canadian athletes and events (which everyone should expect), and they require the use of Microsoft Silverlight which won’t work on Linux or on some Macs, so It does limit their online audience.

Eurosport website can be your one stop. Where you can watch olympics online!

Now a days many news channels are available on online like star sports, ESPN etc.