Where Do I Start From?

Hello,
Greetings to everyone here. I’m new on this forum. I’ve always wanted to build a site that people can list places they want to rent out in my city here. Also, an online bookstore for authors in my country. Need help on which course(s) to undertake. Thank you for your anticipated quick response.

This question has been asked so many times… Start with HTML, CSS and then PHP or similar. Learn to use a good CMS (Wordpress is probably the most popular)

And if you want to design it yourself (although is rare to be a good programmer and designer, there are some cases), then learn color theory, design, UX, etc.

Thank you, Molona!

If you want to learn web design then you have to start with HTML its the basic thing that you have to start to learn. After that CSS and goes on …

Like the others have said, HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and so on. If you would just like two sites though you could use Wordpress. It would be quicker and a smaller learning curve.

The fastest way to achieve what youre aiming for is use a specific already built CMS for that. Just search for "keyword" script, and you will find. No need to learn anything if its just to create one site.

This is pretty bad advice, especially “No need to learn anything”.

That’s a high functioning site. I would just find a Wordpress site that would do that out of the box. There are quite a few.