Where do you find your developers

We’re a Web Development company in Central London, yet none of the traditional sites are bringing up any good .NET developers. At least ones that meet the basic requirements (i.e. good .NET, respectable front end and good communication skills).

Is there a shortage, or does anyone have any recommendations on where I could look? And yes, it is a full time, full paid job on offer, I’m not some scammer trying to get some work done on the cheap!

If anyone has any advice on where I could look, I would be most grateful :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot,
An exhausted John

Finding great resources is a complex skill and also an art. Like management in general, it takes practice to do it will consistently.

How long have you been looking?

Are you confident that the job description is effectively attracting the right people?

Is it your feeling that you are looking in the wrong places? Or, are you looking in the usual places but not having any luck?

Hi,

a good long term solution may be to take a leading role in a local user group - ie. through Google Groups and a local meetup (meetup.com)

I also had good luck looking for people on Linkedin. Again, this is cheapest, if you have built a large network there already, otherwise you come in cold.

HTH, Jochen

Linkedin.com is great, I agree.
scriptlance is not a good place to find a full time employee, though!

scriptlance is not a good place to find a full time employee, though!

there are many resources to find a part time/full time employee, if you haven’t had luck that doesn’t makes that place bad for all…
for some scriptlance may be good and for others like you its nothing more then a bad experience…

I would say try elance and you might have luck finding a suitable candidate.

A full time employee is not a freelancer. And just by reading the names scriptlance and elance, you can see that those sites are geared towards freelancers who are usually offshite. I wouldn’t think that would be a good place to find ft employees - do you think people have success filling ft positions on those sites?

A full time employee is not a freelancer.

I have seen many freelancers turning into full time employees in real life!

do you think people have success filling ft positions on those sites?

Well, again that’s gonna be my personal thought based on my prior experiences … any ways my answer is Yes

Really? What was your experience?