Where is the reciever's email ID for the contact us form in the source code?

First of all, no I am not looking to spam. I am a noob and was going through bunch of source code for contact forms but almost everywhere, the receiver’s mail ID was not visible in the source code (Contact US form) where as what I have learned thus far, when I create a form, my id is always visible.

For example, can anyone tell me, how this site’s contact form is hiding its email (I chose this because here the email is explicitly given on the page, I am not looking to spam) where the content of contact-form will go?

What do you mean by “source code”?
HTML code of page that contains a form or PHP (any other language) code of the form backend?

view page source in firefox, although I am using web developer tools addon for firefox to view the source.

There is no link to any php file anywhere neither in “form action”.

Oh and I forgot to give my example site’s address, its here

I don’t know, but one thing I’d recommend is not using any reserved words for an element name or id. One of your hidden fields has name="id". Recommend giving it a more descriptive name; like "form_id" or whatever.

Just my two cents.

V/r,

:slight_smile:

/index.php/contact-us

That’s the same page, its referencing to itself in the action attribute.

except that it will have the form posted to it and so will perform who knows what amount of server side processing before redisplaying the page.

the email address can be added during that processing and so not available to the browser at all.

Oh, ok. Thanks. So, is there an easy way to implement same functionality in my form i.e. no email (the email where the contact form data will go) in source code. I don’t know much PHP except for the very basics that can be applied to any programming languages like, loops, variables and simple functions.

It doesn’t really matter much but right now somehow I am obsessing over it.:stuck_out_tongue:

With PHP you would check if any data has been posted to the page. If not, you show the form. If instead you do hava data, you process that data and can show a success message.

The people in the PHP forum can take you further with details on how to do that.

I’ll move this thread over to there now.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.