Where to find quality article writers

True, they may not want to disclose that information. But it can’t hurt to ask. The worst thing they can say is “we can’t tell you that.”

I recommend going to firms with a proven track record of dependability and proficiency in offering staffing & management services.

$5 for an article may be ridiculous for a writer who lives in a country where the purchasing power of the dollar is low. E.g. in the Western hemisphere.

But if the writer lives in a so-called third world country then $5 is quite a lot of money.

And there are good writers in foreign lands.

Of course there are good writers in foreign lands. What never ceases to amaze me is the idea that their talents can be so blatantly exploited. If the market will bear more than $5.00 per article, then these excellent writers should certainly be charging what the market will bear.

Just think, if $5.00 per article is enough to get you through the day, the week the month, then how would your standard of living be improved if you received $50.00 or even more per article? But alas, that is not to be because their is a lineup of “savvy” entrepreneurs that are eager to pay you just enough to keep you alive because you aren’t fortunate enough to live in a “developed” country. It seems to me that those who would cheapen the talents of global writers are suffering from arrested development.

You can try iWriter. They have a nice interface where you can manage all your favorite writers. You may need to order several articles before you can find a writer that you will use whenever you need.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Craig’s List yet in this thread. We found some good writers there by answering some classified ads and posting a few of our own.

It took a few email exchanges and sending of example pieces, but we found it to be worth our time. And yes, Linda, we do pay them a fair market rate!

True, it is rather hit or miss. But there are quality writers there you just have to weed out the incompetent applicants. I actually get my clients from Odesk and I get paid by the hour for more than what is normally paid to other writers to write a 500-word article. Let’s just say for 2-3 articles a week I get paid thrice as much as other writer’s getting paid per article.

<snip>

There are loads of good writers on Fiverr - you can see their reputation also before purchasing an article…

I was just about to suggest this. While I have no personal experience using it I’ve had several people suggest it to me and upon inspection it looks pretty solid. Writers all have a rating and it seems pretty easy to reject their article and hold payment if you are not happy.

I do believe this massive exploitation for article writer is abundant. We hope that forum like this would educate/alarm those talented writers what they worth really. 5$ for 500-1000 words is not really enough. Ideas of writing should have fair price.

You can ask from some guest bloggers as well if they are interested to provide your content for your site. What is your niche and do you want content for website or a blog?? If your are looking for blog posts then it’ll be good if you start offering guest posts.

You can get quality writer in many freelancing [odesk, elance etc]sites and some article site only work with article writers.

Check their profile, test score, client feedback. Then check their previous works.

Yeah, that’s basically the very first thing that you have to do. It’s important that you always check the quality of the articles of the writer. There are writers that are good only at first then later on they give you very poor articles.

Have you tried PR Web? http://www.prweb.com/

Good tips for publishing your own articles and they do submit to all the news channels. Worth looking into!

PR Web is a press release distribution site. There tips are for writing press releases, not articles. Trust me, there’s a big difference between the two. Further, they don’t give tips on hiring or locating competent writers, which is the question in this thread.

You can find them at any freelance job sites. There are lots of them actually.

There are some good resources for content. However, cheaper is not better.

Fiverr.com is a cheap place to get articles but quality is not assured.
TopicBay.com is a fantastic resource as you can pick pre-written articles straight off the shelf. - quality assured.
Nichearticlemarketing.com is also a good source.
freelancer.com has a lots of writers looking for work.

Don’t go cheap, it is a waste of your money in the long run.

It can be very hit and miss with freelancers, you have to be careful when choosing someone to work with. Having to re-write or look for refunds for poor work takes up your time, time that could be better spent on other aspects of your business.

Thecountentauthority.com provide an excellent service
Mad Content are also good, very professional.
TopicBay.com also provide an excellent and unique service. You can buy pre-written, original articles straight off-the-shelf. No waiting, no negotiating and you quality is assured.

There are many other reputable services out there. Don’t go cheap, as you will more than likely, end up re-writing the work you paid for.

im a big fan of textbroker.com- these guys have worked well for me getting things done in 24 hours and charging below 6 bucks an article.

Bearing in mind that the original question was about finding quality writers, do you really find that you get good quality work for less than $6?