antriver — 2012-07-07T18:42:03-04:00 — #1
I just launched a complete overhaul of a site I'd made before. It's called Where's Your Money and the purpose is to follow banknotes around the world. It's designed for mobile use, so when you're out and about you can just go on the site quickly if you find one of the notes. It's also design to be fast, e.g. it uses GPS to locate you if possible instead of making you type in where you are.
The website is wheresyourmoney.com
All feedback is appreciated, I'd like to hear your comments, opinions, any bugs you find, etc. please
sfifabian — 2012-07-07T19:13:54-04:00 — #2
I think the idea is very original. I have never seen a website like this before.
I also like the design and logo very much.
Good luck with the site!!
antriver — 2012-07-16T17:55:21-04:00 — #3
I had concerns about the logo because some people have said they didn't like it.
connor4312 — 2012-07-16T19:51:44-04:00 — #4
Hey, I made some notes for you on Bounce. Here's them in text:
- I think the logo (which is not bad imo) could be moved to the left of the bar. Users expect some sort of navigation, so I would move/copy the "Browser All Notes" section to navigation buttons. If you take my advice on anything, take my advice on this!
- The "quick-stats" section is good: make it bigger!
- For you box titles, I think a sans-serif font would look better.
- For the login/create account: a single centered line can look nice, but I prefer left justified text for anything over one line.
- Your input field look great and are really professional.
- I'm fond of footers that are sleek and seem to be a complement to the page rather than part of the page. The stark white, bold, centered text doesn't look so nice to me. What I would do is, on the left side, have "Contact/Site Map/Language/Etc," then on the right side in smaller text "Created by/Icons By/ETc".
sms2luv — 2012-07-20T11:57:57-04:00 — #5
I am really impressed by your website idea if finding note with differenr currency.
I viewed it on my iphone and the display was just outstanding, there is nothing i would say is pending on your site.
Kerp up the good job
system — 2012-07-23T01:07:22-04:00 — #6
First, i would like to congratulate u what u did on the website is good...i like it.some people they have ....different opinions
about your website.After, the end of this review you will be get some good ideas to improve your website.
lighting000 — 2012-07-24T06:23:31-04:00 — #7
Your site has a good idea, I like it.
I also have some advice about the site.
1. the logo was small and thin, you'd better make it more striking.
2. the wood pattern background was not fit the site topic, maybe you can change it.
hertzberg — 2012-07-24T12:39:33-04:00 — #8
Ok. I too like the concept of this site. The design though really throws me off! It feels very Bloggy, like an older tumblr site.
The logo is ok, I don't like it much and it's way too small in the header. There is so much wasted space on the header! There is a place for empty space but when there is too much empty space it makes a site look unfinished.
I do not like the cutesy script font. And the Titles are much too small and fairly difficult to read.
It is very unclear what the site is for, the site is very confusing. The explanation is completely out of the center of the visual space. It should be much more in the top and be much shorter with a bigger font. A Clear explanation in big letters will help a lot. There should be a menu somewhere, on top or the side to clarify what you can do on the site.
This needs a lot of work, but luckily there aren't that many elements to the site so it should be fairly easy to fix. Everything just needs to be MUCH clearer, always assume the people who come to your site know absolutely nothing.
akurtula — 2012-07-24T12:54:50-04:00 — #9
I love the site
the only think that I dont like, is the logo, in that I do not think it the qualities of being a logo. Which means if I copied that exactly as it is and placed it in my site, or in an advert, even you would not be able to realise that I copied you, and in an advert, no one would be able to identify you brand with that.
Also I still do not get what the site does - I am sure if I dig in I get the idea. So make it clear for people that do not get it. you could use all that empty space in you header or something - to write a tag line of what it is
I like the footer, but not the header. The dark brown texture at the bottom works, but it does not work at the top. it is too plain to be a header.
I can imagine it providing a great experience in mobile.
mittineague — 2014-09-14T22:48:19-04:00 — #10
This topic is now archived. It is frozen and cannot be changed in any way.