Whether to still go for Shared Hosting?

I want to change my hosting. At present I have a shared Windows hosting with which I have certain issues. I use this hosting only for my official website.

At this time, if someone wants to go for hosting, which type of hosting to select:

(1) VPS

(2) Cloud

(3) Shared

Is Shared Hosting still a buzz? Can it still offer performance?

Is Shared Hosting still a buzz? Can it still offer performance?

Performance depends largely on the provider. It can also depend on the price you pay - the higher the price, the fewer accounts the host can afford to put per server.

Busy sites can get to a point where they’re no longer fit for a shared hosting environment, but if your site is currently using shared hosting and your provider didn’t complain about CPU/memory usage etc., then you probably don’t have to worry about that yet.

Windows shared hosting is always relaible than linux in our personal view. If I would have been in your place, I would have gone with a better service provider for Windows shared hosting.

Thanks and best regards,
Assuring you best of our services and support always.

Well, it all depends upon your requirements, though security levels are very weak in shared hosting.

So, if you’re planning to run an e-commerce store then you should consider a VPS or dedicated hosting account.

And, definitely you should only look at reliable names like HostGator, GoDaddy, FatCow and the likes of them!

GoDaddy is primarily a domain registrar. Their hosting is only a side business with them. You are always better off getting your hosting from a provider where hosting is their main business. By all means get your domain from GoDaddy but go to a hosting provider for the hosting.

I heard the opposite. People say you get better security and variety of open-source options in Linux hosting.

You can choose a good VPS option as your words sound like you got a number of sites. It will be better if you go for VPS as you will get full access to the server and you can custom tune the server for maximum performance. Definitely it will increase the performance as you will be running only the applications that you require but that is not the case in a shared hosting environment.

I believe you need to investigate the situation first of all to understand why you are having troubles. Maybe you will need to upgrade something in your web application and everything will go fine with your current web host?

You should avoid shared hosting. It can be quite unreliable (downtime), show and with many limitations (disk, cpu, mysql). I would go for VPS.

It depends on which hosting provider you go with.

I currently use shared hosting, and am quite happy with it. Plenty of storage, good hardware performance (the servers aren’t over populated with other accounts), plenty of throughput for databases and more than enough bandwidth.

I would recommend shared hosting for sites that don’t get a lot of traffic. Shared hosting is perfect for personal sites and small businesses. If you need a lot of bandwidth and resources, then yes, it would be acceptable to move up to a higher teir of service.

It goes without saying that the main thing is the host you are with.
Using reputable companies like hostgator, sibername or godaddy, you will have no issues in future.
Shared hosting will be enough for you, the OP and in case of necessity you will be able to upgrade your plan.
Just my two cents.

Godaddy isn’t a hosting company. They are a domain registrar, and their primary business is just that. They do hosting on the side, but service and support isn’t all that great for it. Most folks here would recommend going with an actual hosting provider.

It really depends of the website (sites) you are about to host. You need Cloud hosting only if you need to be able to scale up and down dynamically the resource usage and to take advantage from High Availability. VPS will allow you to work in an isolated environment and to use guaranteed resources. However any VPS solution is more expensive and requires system management effort. Shared Hosting account will work good for a regular website, one that does not need a lot of bandwidth, space and has a low number of I/O operations.

You must research your host and read reviews. Not all shared hosts are slow or experience downtime. I’ve actually experienced down time with 2 of the “big names” someone posted earlier so take what you hear with a grain of salt. A lot of people are out to grab their affiliate commissions so try out the support yourself. A lot of companies have a trial you can get for 30 days or a $1 trial. Test out their support and their server speed.

If you get more than 15k visitors a month, you may want to consider a VPS for performance.

shared hosting is suck with website more 1000 visitor per day , it always down , you should use vps , don’t need high CPU or ram ,you can use kloxo instead of CPANEL

shared hosting, VPS, or cloud hosting, which is more suitable, depends on your budget and usage. For sure, the higher charges of hosting, the better and safer. But, if you do not have the budget and the IT-personnel to handle the server, all these are waste also.

It depends on the site you want to host, If you are running e-commerce store then i recommend you VPS because it provides security, but before using it you need to check out the features of it you have to understand your needs then you have to make a choice. Every service have its merits and some demerits, Now its upon you what is suitable for you.

Decide what type of hosting that you want to go considering the current status of your website. that is number of visitors for bandwidth, size and so on. If you still want to go for vps then you can choose hostgator from my opinion.

ya you are correct, as the shared hosting will remain you to get into the problems whenever the shared hosting comes down. where as in vps, it has the own disk space and such that you can access you website at any of the time.

If you are having a few issues or problems with your current shared hosting plan, I would suggest that you work with the technical support team there and see what is causing these issues.

Is it something within your website or applications you are running? If not, then are you falling short of resources like memory, cpu allocation and space? A VPS or a dedicated server would be required when your website is extremely busy with visitors, database updations, mailing and other such hosting activities.

If there is something within your website scripts or application, then you may try fixing it. If it still does not work with your current host, maybe you can try going in for another host who provide better plans and support.

A VPS or dedicated server may not be the correct solution.