Which CMS would be good?

I got a job just now to build a site for a paint company. Doing the scripting myself wont be good as am still learning. So, i’ve decided to go for CMS. Please, which CMS would be best for a paint company? I know most of you have got the experience thats why am asking. TIA.

Use Drupal … which has variety of Themes in its support website and is one of the easiest CMS to manage…
Lot of plugins are available for Image Gallery which would again be a important page for the Paint Company…

Go to their home page drupal.org

Where do i get tutorials to learn it?

Lil_Kins0

You have asked a question, that often is asked and then hundreds of opinions are given, leaving someone new confused.

In google search for Drupal and Wordpress. Drupal is harder to understand for most people than Wordpress. Both have documentation, however Wordpress’s is in MHO better. There are a number of smaller CMS that don’t suffer from the bad code bases that Drupal and Wordpress do. However, with this said, many many thousands of people use these CMS and are fairly rapidly able to post their content to the Web, so do a bit of research before posting here because you will get too strong of opinions. Instead read the documentation for these respective CMS’s and decide what is easier for you to understand.

Regards,
Steve

1 Like

Ok. I am not sure wordpress would be that good. I’ll need something thats good with pictures. Which would that be?

What will be your other requirements? Is it mainly a portfolio site to showcase previous work of the company or do you need a community angle? forum? support desk? e-commerce options? other tools? Or just the basics with a good galley? Once you clarify what your main requirements are, there might be other suggestions.

Yes Worpress has many gallery and image plugins. Like mondala says

Your other requirements would help determine what is your best option here.

Again read about Drupal and Wordpress, if they do not service your needs then ask for alternative. Keep in mind that it is a lot of work to configure a CMS, so take the time to read about it so your time can be well spent by making the right choice.

I also see that mondala has a link to a custom CMS so look at that too, since mondala choice to help. :slight_smile:

Steve

1 Like

I’m thinking of using Concrete5. What do you guys think?

It’s better to look at a range of CMS sites and see what features they list. Then perhaps make a choice and then ask here if we think it’s a good choice. It really all depends on what you need to do, how much you want to spend (if anything), etc. etc.

Wordpress would have been better but its concept is basically blogging. I don’t know if theres a way of changing its appearance to look like a normal site. As it involves a paint company, there’re gona be images almost on all pages. Drupal and joomla are kinda hard to work with at the moment.

1 Like

I recommend you try ExpressionEngine, but it does have a price tag on it. That’s what I use, anyhow. :slight_smile:

Wow. Price tag? How do i go about that? My country (Nigeria) has been blacklisted by paypal.

ditto

Off Topic:

Anyone who recommends anything without knowing at least some details regarding the feature list/requirements is providing a bias opinion based what they like not what is best given the project requirements.

Use a credit card. :slight_smile:

I think drupal best, but it’s hard for newbie. If you want to learn build a site, lets try wordpress!!

I plan on learning drupal and joomla asap.