Which do you prefer? Healthy or Wealthy?

Healthy … if I had to have one or the other. (If you mean wealthy as in lots of $$ specifically).

Good health and no $$ … that’s ok.
Lots of $$ and no health … that’s bad.

:smiley:

In today’s era, both healthy and wealthy is important. You must be financially secure and you must have good health as well. A person who distributes his/her time perfectly between earning health and wealth can be called as a sane person.

I prefer both. What is the use of wealth if I don’t have good health? At the end of the day wealth cuts asunder all problems of life. Hence it is always good to be wealthy.

Wow! As a new member here, I am happy to see replies from what I posted. Thanks a lot. We all have different views in life. And we are all correct as long as we are happy with what we have. For me Health is Wealth. Why? I still have a chance to create my Wealth, if i am Healthy. But for Wealthy who are not Healthy, most of them will lose their hard earned money just to buy medicines or anything that could cure them. And for sure unhealthy are not happy.

Thank you so much for the information. I can see that you are already an old member here since you had lots of posts. But i prefer not to answer first if i want to discuss something. I would like to check first if there are people who are interested to answer whatever topics that i would like to discuss. And i am happy with the replies so far… :slight_smile:

Don’t forget about “wise”. You know, healthy, wealthy and wise. I’d prefer to be wise, because in the end, wisdom is more powerful (and useful) than money or health. With true wisdom, you rise above the need for both wealth and health. Well, according to my guru, anyway … although he’s dead now … :shifty:

Surprise, surprise… we all die…

Still, while I appreciate wisdom, I would still prefer being healthy than wise. You may be as wise as the wisest man but if you feel like crap… that wouldn’t matter, really

I have no desire to be wealthy. Enough to get by yes, but excess, no.

True, considering many in the world would be happy to have adequate clean water to drink let alone food to eat, I guess I might be thought of as “wealthy” since I have shelter, clothing, food and water, and “extras” like electronic lighting and entertainment equipment. So at present I do more than “get by”.

Health on the other hand is something I can’t do much about. I can influence it some by making wise life-style choices, but eventually either slowly or quickly, decline is inevitable. So if I had to choose only one of the two, health would be it.

both of them

if not both, healthy first

I’d rather be health. What is wealth when you are not able to enjoy it well if you’re sick. The funny this is that we work really hard to get wealthy. And then later on we develop difference illnesses or diseases to the point that we end up spending much of our wealth to be healthy. ahahaha. True. That’s why we should take care of ourselves. Health is wealth.

I agree with you. Me too prefer to be healthy. I can still look for ways to become wealthy if i am healthy

I prefer both.But firstly I go through health.

It will always be healthy, as the saying goes, health is wealth. No matter how wealthy you are, if you were sick you might loss your properties just to get cured and worse you might end up losing all your fortune since no product is immune from inflation. I even read from an article that the slow economy has made most of us tighten our belts, and it seems costs continue to rise. In cases like this, financial blogs and articles is very helpful.<snip>

:confused:I think healthy.Becouse a cricketer cannot do big boundry without a great health.

Guido2004, you may have been here very long and possibly even be an administrator here. But that does not mean (or at least should not mean) you get to decide what is interesting and what is not to someone else :nono: I personally find it an interesting topic and in asking a question, the starter of the thread, IMO, need not state their own stance :cool:

So for the person who started this thread, my take is one of individual preference. Some people may prefer to be wealthy. Their health probably wouldn’t matter if in the short time they were healthy, they could enjoy all that money could possibly buy. Some people may prefer health over wealth. For them, living is probably more worthwhile in itself.

IMO, it is wiser to choose health. But if you look at how most of us live life today, you can see how many of us are always running about trying to do a lot of things and working hard for the money that we tend to ignore our health. This thread could become one that explores more themes than what the initial question may have intended. Or that may have been the intention :stuck_out_tongue: Either way, it is a good one and one that may cause people to reflect on their lives :wink:

[ot]I may be confused, but Guido2004 never stated the original author needed to state their own stance on the topic, but any responses to the question needed to exceed “I prefer X” or just a one word answer of “X”. To which most (if not all participants) have expressed why they choose X and that has made this thread a lot more interesting. You not only get their preference but why it matters to them to help validate that stance. The stance alone is meaningless unless you know why it was their decision to begin with.

Hopefully that helps clarify his post, but it wasn’t directed at the original poster, but rather all participants to ensure this became a lively discussion.[/ot]

Opinions are fine, but rules override them. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s stated clearly in the guidelines for this forum that posters need to get things started by offering an opinion or view, rather than just dropping in a random question.

we all prefer to the health but the wealth is also very important for balance of health.

hmm…!! its really quite difficult to put our vies on this …!!
because both the things have some importance in their context…!!
As i think if a person has Good Health and no wealth, at some point of time he might loose his Health to get that wealth…!!

the natural spontaneous answer would be Health. For,wealth without good health becomes useless.