Which is best Dell or HP

Hello friends,
I am considering to buy new laptop for official work, so please suggest me which is best brand, HP or Dell.
Thanks
<snip />

Hello Noahwilson, I am using Dell for last 4 years. I don`t have any single problem with this. So i recommend you Dell. :slight_smile:

<snip />

Both are equally good to my eyes. I do have an HP right now, though. In general, none of them give problems. But when they do… well, they do. I know horror cases for both, Dell and HP. :slight_smile:

I never use HP Products. I every time use Dell Products. So Dell is Best for me.

<snip />

In regards to your question, my desktop is an Hp and I’ve had it for 6 years.
MY laptop coincidentally is a Dell, and I have had it for about 4 years. Both work great and I have not had any problems.
In regards to being the best, Cnet and other pc review websites seem to imply that Dell is of better quality.
But Hp is considered to be much cheaper.
If I had to make a choice between the two than I would say HP because the quality is still good and is more cost effective.

Could you please let us know the configuration you would like to go for and also your budget so that recommend options ?

For business-grade machines, Dell by far as a much lower hardware failure rate than HP. HP hardware is just so cheaply made that it’s fairly unreliable. I get a lot of business in repairing HP machines with failed hardware.

For business support, Dell wait times tend to only a couple minutes. HP…20-30 minutes on hold is about the norm.

If you end up going with Dell, I would highly recommend Dell’s Latitude E5520/E5530 series laptops.

Another alternative for a business laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad. Those are solid machines as well.

Asus is another good brand.

For any laptop, I would highly recommend getting a 3-year warranty. Typically, not much goes wrong in a laptop’s first year of service after it survives the first month. Most issues/failures I’ve seen typically occur in the 2-5 year range. I wouldn’t recommend a 5-year warranty because at that point, it’s usually more cost effective to purchase a new machine anyway.

I prefer Dell over HP. I am using Dell laptop and since now haven’t faced any problem using that. So, for me Dell is the trusted and reliable brand.

The original poster has not returned in one month. I guess that he made up his mind long time ago. This thread goes nowhere. I’m closing it.