Which javascript modal window do you recommend being as best?

Hi,

We want to incorporate modal window pop ups that are 100% Javascript based in our Web site design. I have checked many different options for modal window, but cannot decide which one is the best option.

Which modal window pop up option that is 100% Javascript do you suggest as the best choice and why?

And when replying kindly provide a link to the modal window that you are suggesting. I mean a link to the page which would have a demo of it as well as the download code.

Thank you.

What is meant by best? The least work? The least dependencies? The most flexibility?

jQueryUI dialogs might do the job for you, but there might be as-of-yet unspecified reasons why they aren’t suitable for you.

So, you may want to look through some collections of modal dialog windows to weed out the ones that you definitely know aren’t going to work for you.

[list][]top 8 modal dialogs javascript
[
]20 ways to create javascript modal windows and dialog boxes[/list]

Once you’ve done that you can then let us know about the few that you have left remaining to choose from, so that we can give further advice from there.

Hi Chris,

Well definitely not a Jquery based solution.

As I noted, I think I did, for various reasons it need to be a 100% Javascript/CSS solution.

As to your other mark, yes I actually did read through those 2 links and after reading through all their suggestions I thought to ask the Web site developer colleagues here in SP.

Regards,

Just out of curiosity what percentage of JQuery is JavaScript?

100% of jQuery is written in JavaScript.

The reason for people deciding not to use it is that in order to use it you need to load the entire thing into your page even if you are only going to use a small part of it. That makes the page a lot bigger unnecessarily.

Yes, I know " JQuery is JavaScript".
But we do not want to load tons of JS that we are not going to use. And do not want to learn any language jQuery. So that is why we want a pure JS solution only, well with CSS.

EXACTLY.

SO what Modal Window code do you think is best? And to be exact a Modal Window that allows for filling in a form and of course that form to be submitted for form processing, although having processed via Ajax can be OK. Bur prefer Modal Window form to Standard form processing.

First off, since you haven’t defined what you deem as “the best”, you can receive biased opinion of people who have used modal dialogs.
I’ve used quite a few, and I’ll say that hands down - jQuery dialog is the best in my opinion.

jQuery isn’t that big and you can load it into your page from google pages.
The other thing is that no matter what modal window you want to use, you need to use some logic the author provides which can fit to the category of learning new language, even tho it’s only a few lines of code.

The other thing is, if you have ever used css - it will take MINUTES to get acquainted with jQuery. If your reason for avoiding jQuery is that you don’t want to learn a new language - why even bother with web development then?
It takes less time to set up a modal window with jQuery UI than to post this topic and ask for opinion.