Which logo format do you give to clients?

All three. I always give all source files and compressed versions (sizes and formats).

No SVG? I don’t use any of the above.

I email them a zip file containing:

• EPS (editable vector artwork, and offers maximum compatibility - not everyone will have your version of Illustrator remember)
  • JPG (RGB)
  • TIF (CMYK)

I also send a selection of colour versions - b&w, greyscale, 1-colour, reversed, etc depending on the logo’s ultimate colour scheme. It really doesn’t take long to produce, and providing the file names are descriptive, doesn’t confuse the client.

Sending it on CD by courier is a nice idea, but not necessary IMO, even for the big clients. Customer service can be demonstrated in all sorts of other ways. Certainly the small to medium size businesses I deal with would prefer to forgo the courier charge and receive it all by email or in the regular post.

All three plus .jpg, .tiff, .png and .gif.

All non- resizeable’s are done in three sizes, from tiny(100px wide), to average(500px wide) to large (1000px wide). If they require other sizes they can make a request.

I provide .ai, .cdr or .psd plus .jpeg for preview, most important are well named layers and readme.txt file in package. I usually write: date of creation, my mail, color profile, fonts names, resolution (if raster), compability, toolz used…

a logo design is most often an “exclusive use” agreement, so the client owns the artwork outright and should have the complete files. the only right i retain with logo design is the right of authorship, allowing me to publish for self-promotion, etc.

EPS for me, but then I wouldn’t give only one anyway!

It depends on the customers needs and requirements . Usually I send all the three but if I have an emergency , I ask the customer what he wants.Then send him what he asks for

I too give all required / possible formats