Which one is better for SEO - Sub Domain or New Domain ? Need Help from SEO's

Hello Everyone

I have a review site . where i am writing reviews about mobiles. I am planning to write reviews about movies. Shall i write movie reviews in the same site or shall i create a sub domain like movie.example.com. or shall i buy a new domain just for movie reviews. Please tell me which one would be better from SEO perspective.

I think you don’t have buy separate domain. you can create different directory like domain.com/dir. Do seo work with good keyword.

In my opinion you should create a sub-domain for movie reviews and optimize domain and sub domain for right keywords help your review site to get more targeted traffic.

Have a sub-domain for movie reviews. You need not to buy a new domain for it. Also its easier to promote sub-domains rather than promoting a new domain. If your existing domain is well promoted on search engines, you will definitely get benefit of it.

Definitely managing a separate domain is more complex then managing a sub domain or sub directory, I want to suggest you that you can use a sub domain and when we comes to the relevancy then we have to create separate domain. The domain which is you running is review about the mobiles and another one is is actually reviews about movies is completely different, if you want to write reviews for TV or some other electronic item then you can use a sub domain but for the completely different industry i suggest you to create a separate domain is better for that.

Think of it this way: When you buy a new domain, you’re going to have to make it climb up the rankings just like what you’ve done for your first website, if ever it did climb up the rankings for your keyword. Having said that, I pick the subdomain option. Also, if some more people suggest using a subdirectory of your domain, would you consider that?

Both the domains (sub & new) are easily manageable. You have to do the same SEO practices for both the domains. My suggestion is that if your domain contain the keyword mobile reviews or something similar,then you have to go for new domain else you will make a sub domain for the movies.

unless you have enough data to warrant a separate website (which is what a sub domain is) it’s best to stick to a single-site folder structure…with subdomains, more contentis required to get a decent PR

If your existing website containing and working with your new keyword then use sub-domain or folder otherwise choose you new domain.

As per my opinion When you use different product for different contents then use of sub domain, it helps you to search your contents and its related products instantly and more easily. And manage sub-domain is easier then mange the new domain. if you are going to post different or distinct content or a completely different product then i think creating a subdomain will help u in the search ranking.

[FONT=Verdana]The thread is four months old and the OP never returned, so there doesn’t seem to be any point in resurrecting it now.

Thread closed.[/FONT]