Which one sounds better?

Hi

Which of the following sounds better considering the fact that its a full time salaried job?

I currently work at ABC as a Developer.

or

I am currently hired by ABC as a developer.

Thanks

[FONT=Verdana]I’d probably say

I currently work for ABC as a Developer.
but that’s maybe just a regional thing. :slight_smile: Of your two versions, I’d go for the first. There’s something about the second that sounds temporary, as if you’re just on loan for a short period. Or again, that might just be mt interpretation. (:[/FONT]

Hi

What do u mean by “regional thing”

thanks

I mean that usage may vary from place to place. Most people in my area, I think, would say “I work for ABC” (a company) or “I work at the Council Offices” (a place). People in the US - or even a different part of the UK - might be more likely to use another expression. What sounds best to me might not sound best to somebody in Brisbane, or Toronto, or San Francisco. :slight_smile:

oh ok thanks

According to me fist one I currently work at ABC as a Developer. because simple and easy word to listen and understand.

<snip>

I say “I currently work at ABC as a Developer.”! :wink: It just sounds better.

You could also say, “I am employed by ABC as a developer”.

Whats wrong with: “I currently work at ABC as a Developer.” ?

This is question like that which will be prove helpful for others as well and from my opinion i will go with first one.

Nothing.

In everyday conversation, there is nothing wrong with any of the aforementioned suggestions.

This is my take on your statements plus one alternatve:

The word “currently” sounds temporary. Last week you worked somewhere else; maybe next week you will work still somewhere else. This may be very accurate.

“I currently work at…” sounds uncommitted, transient. (not good, bad, right, or wrong; just transient.)

“I am employed by…” carries no suggestion of duration of employment. One could assume the employer chose you and made a longer term commitment to you.

You did say this is a full time salaried position, didn’t you?

Who actually knows what the listener will hear, assume or think. :slight_smile:

I think the 1st one is better, it’s more business-like. But it’s like TehnoBear said, I’d go for the “I currently work for ABC as a Developer”.

Definately the first one, “I am currently hired by ABC as a developer” sounds temporary and shows you are uncertain about what you want so not a reliable person.

I currently work at ABC as a Developer.Is better then second one because in second line use indirect form but people mostly like to talk about direct form.

All answers that don’t explain why you would choose option 1 or 2, or both, or something else altogether, will be considered fluff and eliminated.
And “I think” is not a valid explanation :wink:

I agree with this. This statement has more “punch” than the first option given.

For Cancer10, I don’t know what you mean about “developer”. You probably mean Software Developer, since there many developer positions such as game developer. web developer, etc. Being more specific makes things a lot clearer.

I currently work at ABC as a Developer is a right usage.

this should be:
Currently I am working at X organization as a Sr. Developer

IMO,

“I currently work at ABC as a Developer”

You could spell what ABC out and specify what kind of developer.

That sentence is simple and direct.