Which should we create first: the content, the layout or both at the same time?

I think, at the beginning you should create a beautiful layout. Because it will help you to get a lot of visitor for beauty. Then post helpful content. It is better.

I think, at the beginning you should read whole thread before posting. Because it will help you to get a lot better at web design. Then post helpful content here. It is better. :slight_smile:

I think we first make layouts and then add content into the site, A well developed / coded site never have any issue with its content , one can add the content as he/she moves on with the website, So i prefer to have a good layout and then content.

I recommend you read the other responses in this thread. :slight_smile:

Having worked on some websites, I find that whatever goes first there are always changes to both that I have come to the conclusion it does not really matter :expressionless:

Haha, but I agree that, to start with content goes first, and then the layout. This is because, you need to know what you are going to convey first (content). Then depending on it, you come come up with how you are going to covey it (layout).

Good luck!

Handdy is right, whether you write content or do layout first, there will always be some kind of changes you need to do to make things smooth and pleasant to the eyes. But yes, start with a good content first. The best sites out there have the best and most valuable content for its readers and target audience.

By starting with content I mean is, you should first understand who your readers are, to whom your contents are for. What do you plan to convey. what message do you wish to impart in your readers. what is your goal? your content should be well-researched and well-written. Offer something that is of good value to your readers. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

<snip>