Which social icons does your blog display?

In other words: which social networks are worth being considered? The project I’m working on will speak to people interested in CSS, HTML and PHP.

Twitter seems to be a must.
Facebook doesn’t seem relevant.

What about others?

:slight_smile:

Google Plus is the new kid on the block, so worth considering.

It’s somewhat amusing that you deem a site that has over 800 million users as not relevant. What exactly is your relevancy criteria?

Google +1
Linkedin (if related to business)
…got to agree with Shyflowers post. Why not Facebook? Whether you like it or not, it’s big and its popular.

you can use the add this plugin in your websites

The question isn’t about plugins, rehglant asked what Social Networking sites you consider relevant. Please don’t deviate from the original topic in your replies.

Facebook and twitter are the obvious big boys. Google plus is definitely worth having especially if you rely heavily on your site ranking high in google which most people do. My guess would be Digg is next in line, but that’s just a personal preference.

The coding community doesn’t seem to go on facebook. Have never seen anyone with a follow->facebook button. twitter, yes. facebook, no.

Hi,

I’m afraid I disagree, the coding community do use Facebook (who else wrote all those apps?)
I’d say that the networks to have Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google+
I personally don’t like Facebook, or Twitter, but wouldn’t exclude them from ‘share’ buttons.

you can go for Linkedin and de li cious, digg symbol for your blog it might be useful for your blog or projects because these all social sites are so popular in today’s time.

I am fairly active on Twitter and Facebook. I also submit to G+. Anything else is not yet on my ‘radar’.

I have twitter, facebook, stumbleupon, digg, delicious, and G+

The most relevant for you I guess are Twitter, LinkedIn and social bookmarking sites. I personally use Twitter, FB and Google+. All in all, the social media buttons you display should match the sites you are most active on.

google plus, facebook, twitter and stumble upon…!! :slight_smile:

Question answered numerous times since originally posted. Thread closed.