Which solution FTP server or private cloud solution

Hi,
I have to create a space for files storage in my company.the administrator and the director of finantial department can access in any time and any where(the clients of company don’ t access to the files only for the company’s use).I have read many articles,many advice me to use an FTP server and other to use private cloud solution
how do you think please,I need your advices
thanks a lot for any help

kindia,

IMHO:

1. The first thing a webmaster must know is the target audience, i.e., are your administrators and directors highly competent technically? Will they always be (replacements may not be as tech-savvy as your current ones)?

2. Assuming that you could not answer with emphatic “YES” to both questions, FTP is NOT the way to go! Web-based applications offer far more in terms of controlling access, sorting the archived files and serving the files either as web-based content or as downloadable files.

3. If security is an issue, and it should be, then controlling access to the files MUST be a major concern. Using individual logins for your various authorized personnel will enable you to record who uploads, downloads and edits the archived files (as well as moving the original files to a secure backup which is not accessible, i.e., preventing a disgruntled employee from destroying the archived files).

If you have even a slight familiarity with PHP, it should be a snap for you to implement a good system for your company. Such a system does NOT require FTP for its lack of ability to control and record actions which affect the archived files (FTP only provides a login which will then provide unlimited access without any further accountability).

Regards,

DK

thanks dklynn for the explication :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.