Which tool are you using to measure your social media performance and why?

I was tasked to build an social media measurement service tool that allow clients to measure their social media performance. I know hootsuite is one. Just wonder any other tools you guys are using?

Maxlibin,

More than any one tool (because most are lacking), I often use a mish mash of tools to get the data that I need. For instance I use bitly or URL building in analytics to track engagement with URLs, I use Hootsuite to measure engagement on Twitter, I use Facebook’s proprietary dashboard to track interactions and activity on that platform and I use analytics wherever I can to track traffic to my website.

Hope that helps,
Shawn

Are you looking for only free tools or also paid? We used radian6 for a while but stopped because it doesn’t work well enough for us. we are looking for smething that really works, too. We also use bit.ly for some links, but not one good tool yet. facebook insights is not enough good yet either, information is lack. question is what you want to track, then maybe we can give better examples.

why not to use google analytics tool? it has a special tab “Auidence”->Social->Overview. Just make sure to establish goals so that the statistic data is accumulated properly.
Another thing is klout.com - you should assosiate this service with all your social network accounts and it will actually work like hootsuite, but only showing the stats not operating with your social accounts in a bunch like hootsuite.

Klout really isnt a good measure of anything because it can only use limited data, but so is pretty much everything else, unfortunately.

Facebook Insights is the one tool which can provide lot of insights on the posts, which can help one to measure and improvise the social media marketing. Simply Measured’s free social media tools for Facebook and Twitter are simply the best social media tools.

I am agree with Johnbu googleanalytics tool gives us a proper data for overviewing our site’s status. As we are using the same.

Google Chrome has a built-in SEO tool. It is worthy to try.

I’ve used a combination of a number of tools. That is because there are certain functions and capabilities that each of them would complement.

Here is a good list of over 25 tools for social media management and monitoring that you could look at:

Hootsuite (as you mentioned above) is just one of them. It’s a public sheet by the way. So, if you are using other helpful tools that are not in there you may want to add it in the sheet too.

Social media has seen exceptional growth in Asia. The region has more than 166 million people using Facebook today, with the biggest growth coming from India, Indonesia and the Philippines. Twitter has over 200 million users in 33 languages and 70% of those users are non-US based. The challenges of social and mobile have actually created a great opportunity for companies to connect with customers in entirely new ways and become customer companies. So We have to think carefully before planning or start working on social media.

There are various tools and techniques by which you can track your progress. But this time let me introduce you the most powerful cloud computing solutions can help you and how social media can give you an effective method to connect with your key stakeholders so you make provide better products and services.

snipped link

I use only Google Analytics coz this tool is best.

fire fox has a built-in many SEO tool. It is worthy to try.it is nice tool in seo

currently i use addthis and ga tracking social. haven’t concluded which is better though.

it could be the best FREE one, but for this reason I think its insufficient: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/analytics/discuss-issues-related-to-your-accounts-reports-and-data/7Q-hiISB7ro

For me, it’s still Google Analytics…

I use Google to measure the performance of how Facebook and Twitter impact.
I get about a 20% increase in traffic since using Facebook with Twitter and half of the increases are customers.

I using Google Analytics Tool for analyze my performance of social media.Because it provide the full statistics of number of visitors,percentage of traffics,overview of audience and backlinks.

I use http://iwebchk.com to check social media indicators and also Google Analytic to measure social traffic.

I m using Google Analytic tool checking all my websites traffic source.

Use Klout. It is very useful when you need an integrative measurement of yor social media presence.