Which way to go in life?

I’ve just been accepted to two collages! whoo I’m 24 and decided to go.

I have a choice of two which is going to send me in different directions in life. Which course do you think I should take?

1. Chinese and International Business 4yr
  2. Server management. 2yr I had a friend doing this he was on 50k+ a year

Scratching my head at the moment (:

Chinese is more perspective… the server management I think is too competetive in job market…

Good luck with your choice. One thing I’d comment on is that when you’re younger it’s easier to commit to a longer course when you are possibly without any major financial or family commitments. Later on you’d likely find it a lot harder to take 4 years out of earning/career etc., but at the same time best to commit time to a course you’ll genuinely be enthused about rather than suffer years of boredom on another.

Not sure what a chinese or international business degree would do for you. Better to acquire a specific skill. Server management may be something that could work out. But both of these majors may not be the best options. Doctors and lawyers always seem to do well.

Up is the only way~!

i will suggest Chinese and International Business.

most of you think Chinese is perspective,I am a Chinese freelance developer,if I build one Chinese learning website, maybe I can get some traffic to earn money:D

study and after invest a lot of money!..lol

I faced this problem a few years ago. (Whether to do a business degree or an IT degree, both were the same length). I ended up choosing business because I thought I’d get more out of it at university - I believed I could learn a lot of the technical stuff myself as there are lots of high quality resources out there. I think this has worked well for me.

Ultimately, one thing to keep in mind is the idea of closing doors. We all want to do everything, and our thoughts can picture us doing many things, and enjoying them. But unless you act and jump into something, as opposed to keeping your options open by dong this and that, you won’t come particularly great.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Thanks, I cant wait to start

You know the answer. It’s just on your mind. :slight_smile:
Choose the course that you think you will enjoy most.

Goodluck and hope you’ll make the right choice.

I would choose option 2. as well, but well, imho you should choose the one that you like more, as the old saying goes, choose as a job the thing that you love do and you will never work a day in your life. Or something like that… :rolleyes:

I have picked Server Management I start in September part of the course is Business management so even tho I did not pick the Chinese course I will still get business experience

here is a full listing of whats involved in the server management “network technologies” http://www.electronics.dit.ie/programmes/dt089/modoutcomes.pdf

Best of luck with your studies…

I’d do the server management first then the Chinese and International Business. Because if it was me I wouldn’t be able to decide and end up doing both:rolleyes:

If for other reasons you really can only do one then do the Chinese and International Business. That area is growing super quick worth at least having a go at it.

I’m just thinking how hard it will be to learn Chinese 4 years I might get to the end and fail my exams.

On the other hand some time of that is working in China would be amazing

left… always go left…

Option 2 has the eye popping promised rewards in the short term but for me, the International business has much more appeal for a broader more flexible career.

Nah don’t think like that, you’ve got to give it a go, you’ll pick it up. What’s the point of life without risks and learning a new language is something that will reward you for a long time even if you do fail the last exam

I would prefer doing the server managment since there is somebody who has done it and is successful, also since it is 2 yrs duration.

And you go in both :lol::lol::lol::lol:
fake sig removed - wait and be patient!