While ending tags a tag repeat itself in DW

hey all,
i wanted to ask that when sometimes i m working on code side of html. and if i wanna close a div and when i do </ the DW complete feature close the tags by itself. that of course means the opening of closing tag will end first but when i close another tag the same tag is repeated. here is an example
like i m closing 2 opening divs but when i do </ it will do </table> and when i end next tag and put </ , it will again put </table> and it goes on.
why this happens.?

I am familiar with the Dreamweaver feature you’re talking about, but I don’t experience the problem you’ve described. Really, it must mean you have more than one tag open, and it will help you to close it even if there already is a closing tag further down.

If that makes sense … ?

Sometimes you just have to learn to work with the quirks of software (or you can find out how to disable it, or you can swap to an alternative).

</ it will do </table> and when i end next tag and put </ , it will again put </table> and it goes on.

No it will only do that if you have opening tags above that haven’t been closed and then it finds each one on turn and closes that. If there is an opening table element above then it will close that or if there is an opening div it will close that next. If all tags above are paired then it would present you with a closing body tag.

You would be better off using the alternative auto complete feature where it closes the tag as soon as you type the opening tag and then you always have matched pairs.

While developing its good to comment the closing element in complicated pages so that you know where it belongs. You can remove the comments afterwards.

can u suggest any other wysiwyg editor? I have learned from this huge project that code view/notepad r good. Only problem is I have hard time understanding position div that’s all.
As for the comment I always do it but as other programmers r entering there div(which they don’t know where to end,lol) n in the end being as designer I m stracthing my head in the end.

Yes it can be a pain if someone just sticks one wrong closing div in a page it can be a nightmare to find (even worse for tested tables).

The DW code editor is probably the best code editor around so there’s no point in looking elsewhere as they all have less features. You can off course turn off the auto complete features if yo want and do it yourself.

As far as wysiwyg editors for css then they are all pretty poor at rendering css and CSS design structure needs to be crafted by you anyway. I use DW but never use design view and just use it as a code editor.

It’s not possible with css to just place elements on a page with a wysiwyg interface because there are many ways of doing the same thing and they all depend on the dynamics of the layout. A wysiwyg interface could never understand the dynamics and whether elements should be floated, static or absolutely positioned.

The best advice is to study how css works from the ground up. It’s not that difficult but you do need to think about what you are doing and apply it correctly.

I got my lesson of design view. So Many nested tables I made n now when is the double boxes showing up I m so confused on nested tables. What’s worse is design view isn’t showing much of page as u said it doesn’t render css much and on top of that the auto tags closing again n again. I m totally lost with the code of why it’s repeating ending tags for tables when I wanna end div