White Space: Yech

I am trying to get rid of white space that I have on my site… I can’t figure out how to get rid of it… I want everything to be smooth and sequential: left to right, top to bottom with no white space. My page that I am working on now is : http://www.holmes1350.info/test_again/ . Any help would be much appreciated…

Thanks!

Hi KennyHolmes. Welcome to SitePoint. :slight_smile:

Could you be more specific about what whitespace you want to remove? Perhaps post a screen shot of how you want the page to be laid out.

That is how I would like it to look…

Thanks again!

You are probably better off creating two column divs—one for the left boxes and one for the right boxes.

Yea probably…
Thanks

The reason I didn’t suggest a fix for what you have now is that it gets a bit complicated to have the third float pull up higher than the bottom of the one before it. One thing preventing it (but not the only thing) is this clearing div, which is 100% wide:

<div class="clear"></div>

Ahh I see thank you!

One thing that makes this layout a little strange is the lack of a dominant content area. Both “main” columns are the same width, so when one goes longer than the other, it feels odd. Think of how you can lay it out so that your most important content gets the most space, and other content can exist as a smaller “teaser.”

The lack of Dominant area was kind of the point in this site!! I plan on using this as a development site, and for family who do not know much about the web to just be able to see it all at once!!