Who said history is boring?

I needed a good laugh after a day of hard work: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~norman/Jokes-file/StudentBloopers.htm

:lol:

This has been one of my ABSOLUTE favorite treatises for many years.
It makes me laugh to tears each time I read it.

For anyone who enjoyed this, I strongly recommend any of Richard Lederer’s numerous books.
And, by second favorite piece by him: English is a Crazy Language

History turned out to be interesting to me for the first time, and I think Mr. Lederer is enjoying to teach history more than ever.

It actually depends. I am not a huge fan of history but if there’s something that interests me, I put my attention to it. The best thing about history is that it’s true. It actually happened in reality.

Not sure if I like to have the mummies in Pramids so close to home… although I didn’t know that we had the Pramids anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never believed that these are real student offerings, but they are still fun to read. These are my favorite lines:

It was the painter Donatello’s interest in the female nude that made him the father of the Renaissance.

Sir Francis Drake circumcised the world with a 100-foot clipper.

a horse divided against itself cannot stand.

Beethoven … was so deaf he wrote loud music.

The sun never set on the British Empire because the British Empire is in the East and the sun sets in the West.

Queen Victoria … sat on a thorn for 63 years.

Agreed. But I must include:

Beethoven wrote music even though he was deaf. He was so deaf he wrote loud music.

Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock.

They are the source of inspiration , I love them just not because they are real I love them because they inspire me … :slight_smile:

I don’t think so history is boring. It is a source of inspiration for every one.

I wonder, did you bother to read the article I linked to?

Personally I love reading about history. I am looking for some one to guide me towards some historical online library. It will be a good option for me if any one out there can suggest me the one.

Did you try googling for it? And history is a very broad field. You might want to narrow down your search to a specific argument.

A myth is a female moth - I wonder what made him think that.

Me too :lol: But I have that feeling with a lot of the statements in that article.

I never think that history boring. This can enforce the opinion much. It make me laugh to tear

Huh; I thought it was some just some urban mothette about what myths actually are…

Personally i dont think that history is boring .

"One of the causes of the Revolutionary Wars was the English put tacks in their tea. Also, the colonists would send their pacels through the post with- out stamps. During the War, Red Coats and Paul Revere was throwing balls over stone walls. The dogs were barking and the peacocks crowing. Finally, the colonists won the War and no longer had to pay for taxis. "

The FDA would not approve the use of tacks in tea. In fact that could be a violation and the English would have to pay deep fines.

I totally disagree with your thread, but i love history a lot because it provides plenty of information and knowledge about any topic like history of any famous king, historical places and many more.

Thanks

Really? Why?

but i love history a lot

me too