Who will be the next Doctor?

Now I don’t know how widely it’s shown outside the UK or how popular it is outside the UK but they’ll be a new Doctor in Doctor Who during the xmas special. Has anyone got any thoughts on who should be the next doctor and why?

I don’t think it’ll be John Hurt, my gut feeling is that he may feature in a spin-off focused on the time war between the Time Lords and the Daleks.

No idea. When they picked Matt Smith, they kept it fairly secret. I saw in an interview that Matt Smith was asked not to tell anyone until the episode with his first appearance aired.

While this isn’t the interview I saw, it shows the process that was used for picking Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-2195825/Doctor-Who-How-Matt-Smith-Karen-Gillan-discovered-breaking-hard-do.html

I read an interview with Neil Gaiman saying that they intended to pick an unknown, much like what they did with Matt Smith. They said a well-known actor brings too much of their past roles with them and would rather have an actor known first and foremost as The Doctor.

I don’t think it’ll be John Hurt, my gut feeling is that he may feature in a spin-off focused on the time war between the Time Lords and the Daleks.

That’s what I’m thinking too. My best guess is that he is the version of the Doctor who destroyed them and the time lords, and is burdened with that knowledge. After all, the time war has only ever been referenced and never actually shown in the current run of the show, and as far as I’m aware, never shown in the previous run of the show.

That’s a pity. I was hoping it would be Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Yahhhhyahhhhyagghhh…get to da TARDIS!

Yeah, imagine the opportunities to trot out all his famous lines one more time … Jumping in the Tardis with “I’ll be back” … “I need a vacation” and so on … or zapping a dalek with “Hasta la vista, baby” or “consider dis a diworce” …

In the first episode, of course, he would step out of the Tardis all buffed up, in a black leather jacket, sporting a semi-automatic and slipping on some shades, to the tune of Bad to the Bones … O yeah!

I am form pakistan and a fan of Doctor Who, personally i really liked the 10th doctor, waiting for the 50th anniversary special how it will be great.

Tilda Swinton would be my choice.

Tilda Swinton is also my would will be the next doctor.

<snip />

Can anyone write the full name of Arnold? I have always made mistake. Cos I don’t know how to spell it and where to connect the words…