Why Did Facebook Become So Popular?

Well Dear ! I think that it providing so much facilities to the viewers as comparison to other one and also it is so much user friendly …

Bcoz its easy to use and most of the people using it…

I agree FB is popular but there lack of commitment to CUSTOMER SERVICE makes them a C-Level site.
In FB your reputation can be easily destroyed. You report the page or the person who stole your identity
yet the Page remains. No closure no Bans. very poor customer service.

Careful on giving out sensitive info on your FB account such as Personal numbers, Plate Numbers, or address.
FB can be your friend but can be dangerous too.

I think its all about craze and popularity of ongoing trends, and habit of using a particular social networking site. Before FB it was Orkut but and now gradually Twitter is taking over FB. It keeps rolling on and on. But one thing is for sure that is FB is far more user friendly than any other social networking site.

It was something new and exciting back than. All I can thank Facebook of personally is a couple reconnections with old friends. That’s it.

Facebook is more popular because it has many applications to use and lots of people around the world used it. As Facebook has many interesting features and benefits, people show more interest on Facebook. Facebook is the place to connect more friends, a best entertainment place, can promote your business, create fan page, share information, pictures, videos, content and lots more. The most reason of become famous is it’s appplications.

Facebook is what you feel about what I like, but without the option of DISLIKE button - an ever big requirement :slight_smile:

Likes are the latest trend and fashion for brands to survive. Social media was just everywhere, now its on Facebook and so is everyone.

Question - (POLL)

How do you think Facebook with evolve -

1. 1-Evolve and Develop into a Commercial Machine - Perhaps e-Commerce
  2. 2-Stay as it is - same Likes Vs. Dislikes and Immature Pictures?
  3. 3-Or would evolve to become a Marriage bureau with Promotional Codes?

you forgot option 4 – die a slow and painful death, just like myspace did

People find it interesting. Made me realize how psychotic some of my friends are.

It became very popular as it was a site to target kids and youngsters. There was no alternative at that time as myspace had dried out, there was orkut which had dried out and Facebook was something quick with some great apps and games so hence it worked out really well.

facebook is easy to navigate,it has lot of games and user friendly interface.So its lead the social network.but nowadays facebook limit the friend request

Facebook has nice layout…wonderful service and very user friendly system… Especially very helpful for small business owners. It is one of the main cause of their popularity. And another thing they are not stopped, they are updating their sevices. These changes are attracting people and users are not loosing their interest on it.

I think Mark launched a perfect social media site at the right time, it was an innovation with special features that was never offered by anyone else over the internet. Facebook effect is still going on!

Facebook became popular because they solved problems other social networking sites failed too. For example they solved the slow site problem myspace had by disallowing that level of customization and forcing everyone to use the same theme. Which also added to its maturity level. They also created a nice API which opened the door to 3rd party developers to create games and other “apps” which end users are attracted too(which is a big reason the iPhone became so successful too). As K.Wolfe mentioned they also initially limited who could join which is a sure fire way to spark a great deal of interest as people are attracted to things that are hard to be a part of(take gmail being invite only for years and everyone trying that much harder to get an account). Facebook also started in colleges so is a good user base to start from as they tend to have a number of friends and things can spread quickly.I don’t think Google is going to give up on G+ anytime soon though, so whether Facebook can continue their dominance is to be seen.

People are fascinated about getting that freedom to express themselves through their shout outs, photos, and videos. They can easily get connected to people from all over the globe.

It is easy to create your own personal website and great for advertising

Facebook came at a time when people began getting sick of orkut and myspace. It was more restricted, neater and offered a certain sense of security that these two didn’t offer. Orkut had the annoying feature of interaction through “scraps” which everyone could see unless you played around with your settings. This made it possible for the cheap crowd to view things you were doing there and also interact with it without your permission. Facebook allowed you to be very selective about the people you want to expose yourself to. It also gave features like chat that and made people more comfortable in sharing content about themselves like photographs and art which they would have been hesitant to share otherwise.

More applications, chat systems, user friendly and you can download any photos in facebook. May be for these reasons facebook is getting popular.

It’s more than ‘getting’ popular. With nearly a billion members (or has it passed a billion and I missed it?) I’d say it IS pretty popular. Where else in the world do you find that?

Because of its features also at present time everyone has their profile on fb. We can connect to our old freinds easily on FB.