Why do People Post thousands of Articles in just one Article Directory?

I am using article writing and submission as one of my offsite optimization strategies and one of the tricky things which i got to decide is whether i use just take a few article directories and post hundreds of articles in them or if i should post in as many article directories as possible. When going through ezine articles website, i was able to spot several people who have posted over 1000 articles and all these articles are Live. This made me wonder if this is the best way, just identify a good article directory with high page rank and write and post your articles there or use all article directories whether high page rank or low page rank.

What is do you think?

They may be maximizing the quantity of their back links through publishing a thousand articles regularly. If you have more links pointing to your site, you get noticed by Google and thus rank high on SERPs. Writers are more likely to duplicate their content but each have modified words/phrases. Others produce gibberish content.

If Google sees your article as nonsensical, it is obvious you are manipulating link building. Google then penalize your site for that.

That is good but assume the content is of good quality but posted on just one website,is that good?

Whitehatseosuite,

You should also keep in mind that not everyone uses ezine for SEO. Those accounts you saw with thousands of articles could easily just be using the platform for other purposes.

I don’t think there is really any added benefit to posting thousands of article all to one site vs spreading them out over several submission sites. I suppose one plus could be a diverse backlink profile but that’s about it. Just make sure that you are posting quality stuff or it will just get taken down. Also, people tend to not read through or follow links from poorly constructed content.

There are a lot of good answers in this thread,

http://seoforums.org/linkbuilding/4430-how-many-articles-can-i-submit-daily-for-backlink.html

Best,

Shawn

Thanks for the good comment. I will review those answers as well.

Posting thousand of article in a single website,its not a good way to promote your site.Rather than submitting thousands in one ,its better to submit few articles in each and every high PR and highly recommended site.It will be not easily penalized by Google if it has unique content and you can get high traffic from different sites and location to for your business profit.