Why do websites automatically create profile for me?

Has anyone had this issue. When you do a Google search on your name you find that new social networking websites have your name and information? I have found this a few times. Today a website called THIS PATHETIC WEBSITE has my name on the end of a url. When I emailed the manager he was very rude claiming “I was the one spamming them!!” What audacity! I emailed him back saying I wanted my name off and he could care less! I almost want to give his name but that would do no good. So what can I do to have him or any other website take my name off their profile page? Is there a name or this?:mad:

I think the main reason is to increase more and more traffic and continuous activity.

With so much networking an entire industry has sprung up around unintended “social networks” or really people directories. They feed on traffic for searched names using public data from government records and actual social sites to make their database. It’s a pretty sketchy business IMO but growing too.

Request your optouts. Report those who don’t do their ISP or relevant business agency and hope they start to learn.