Why does my image stick out of the container at the bottom?

I fear that you must have misunderstood what I want to do because what you have suggested just doesn’t do the trick.

The inital code you gave me centred all the information in the middle of the container.

By removing margin auto from here and leaving it read margin: 0

.calendar {
list-style-type:none;
display:table;
padding:0;
margin:0;
}

And also adding 20 px right padding here

.calendar p {
display:table-cell;
text-align:left;
padding:3px 20px 3px 0; /* padding-right visually separates “columns” */
}

meant that the colums went to the left but the spacing was only OK between the first two columns

What I want to emulate is the dispaly like this

http://www.c5d.co.uk/dec2012.php

Although this is with a table You will note though that it covers all the page and not just a portion of it

Antony

Antony, now I’m even more confused. You already have a proper table design that works on the same css sheet. Why not use it? I guess I don’t understand the drive behind placing tabular data in a list. Sure, it can be done; but why?

Tables are considered bad things for framing pages. They are GOOD things for containing tablular data. Presenting a matrix of data is the very thing they are designed to do.

I know that and I have many tables on the C5D pages with all the census information.

But what I want to do is adopt the same lay out and formatting for all sections for all months.

Some sections will only have one event in a given month. And then a table is perhaps the wrong thing even if it is actually data. The Juniors or the Social for example.

That’s all

Will those months that have only one event still require exactly 3 columns?

Yes they will, but if it possible to three and four because we have a page where the results are posted too.

Thanks

No, Antony, “Thanks” is the wrong remark. I will help you put your data into a table, but I will not help you abuse a list by turning it into a table. I have already deviated from good practice further than I cared to. Your friends, “everybody”, can help you misuse a list. I do not wish to be in that party.

If you wish to use a table, you need to describe exactly which features of the layout are important to you.

If not, then consider my participation ended.

I can create a table and thanks to your help I know how to style it now, so that’s no problem.

It would just seem logical to have everything the same, if that’s not practical, let’s leave this one in it’s present form. Especially as you think that;s the best way

Thanks

Antony