Why does this site use the .php extension?

I was looking at this site and the underlying code, its not a cms system It dosen’t seem to need a database, and I see no reason for them to use a php extension for there pages?
Can some one shed some light on this for me why they did this?
http://www.cornerstoneremodel.net/index.php

I suspect they used the same logic most people do that use PHP includes; to include content/code to save themselves time having to code common page components such as the navigation menu, for each individual page, etc. Once you have over let’s say 10 pages usually it makes more sense to use server-side includes as saves on maintenance time.

Thanks,
That makes sense.

xhtmlcoder hit it right on the spot.

PHP includes allows me to have 1 page be static (have the design and main navigational links) then I can include the content pages. It saves so much time. Every time I have new content, I just make a simple page with only the content (text) and include it.

Using PHP has the advantage over using Server Side Includes that you can expand into using actual logic if you decide that your site requires it. SSI only allows include statements and little more.

You can create other pages by just including a file into PHP code.

<snip />

The major feature of PHP is SFS:-Stability, Flexibility and Speed are the chief qualities that attract business owners to choose PHP.

Coding on PHP is comparatively easy than other programming language. Generally owner use PHP as a platform to build their site and adopt WordPress as a CMS.

Closing this thread, it has become a fluff magnet and isn’t providing anything useful any more.