Why floating button has changes positions in different browsers?

I implemented “Contact Us” floating button on my client’s website and all is well except that its placement varies if viewed in different browsers. As an example for placement settings, I have set 500px from top and - 15px from right but it’s like these parameters are changed in different browsers while in one it looks good.

Why is this and is there a way to solve it?

Sounds like your button is positioned in relation to the viewport rather than an element of the layout. To place the element in relation to a parent, give the parent position: relative. For further hep, please provide a link or example.

Good day admin. Respect to you for replying to me personally.

I am using WP Float plugin for WordPress and don’t think it offers specifying position in relation to element rather than viewpoint. Please see screenshot of options it offers:

I tried checking option to set alignment from center but it didn’t help probably because center varies for every browser.

How is this button supposed to behave? Does it appear somewhere ON a page, or does it “float” OVER the page… above the content… sorta like a lightbox might?

Since you do not sound familiar with CSS, perhaps this is an appliance issue that belongs in the WordPress forum.

This seems to be the plugin in question: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-float/ (which includes a demo).

Could you link us to your site so we can take a look?

It is set to appear on certain type of pages on the middle-bottom right side of screen as a lightbox above the content floating up/down wit huser as he scrolls his mouse. It is not really set with “floating effect” but just being static on its position and still remaining in that position as user scrolls.

I will let you know URL of testing website tomorrow, thanks.

Hello guys. Here is URL: test.market-ads.com

I looked at the page in Firefox, Chrome, and Opera on a PC and the button was in the same position in all 3 browsers. Could you please elaborate about where the button drifts to and in which browsers it happens? (If IE, which version(s).)

Does the change in button location have anything to do with the size/shape of the browser window?

Still grasping for straws.